Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
500g is crazy. That’s like a heavy yo deba
That's my favorite thing about it. Then there's the gorgeous wrought iron, and the beautiful polish, and the handle, which at the moment I'm kind of on the fence about, but which I expect I'd come to love. I am very tempted, but not in funds at the moment.

I am also wrestling a heretical thought: that pronounced distal tapers are not actually a very good match for the way I like to use a knife. I think it's a cleaver guy thing.

The weight would match up with the cleaver-suitable handle height. So maybe it really does weigh that.

Update: Text says "perfectly convex ground." Choil shot shows: nothing. There is no choil shot. Why??
There’s been a quite a few listings at MC without choil shots…I’ve reached out in the past and they’re more than happy to send photos and videos of a knife youre interested in

The weight would match up with the cleaver-suitable handle height. So maybe it really does weigh that.

Update: Text says "perfectly convex ground." Choil shot shows: nothing. There is no choil shot. Why??

It’s likely Milan’s typical grind, he doesn’t mention otherwise in his IG posts on this particular knife.

I love my knife. Apex-U wrought iron clad workhorse. The 240mm doesn’t feel like it’s actual length. I was trying to be a good boy and resisted the public custom offer. One of my major regrets this year.
I’ll post a pic of my semi integral Honyaki once it’s ready 😘

Sheesh. A full-size Denka cleaver is 143500 yen (or 143000 yen; can't remember) direct and I know which one I'd rather have for the price (TFTFTFTF).
Yeah, need me a TF cleaver. Takeda cleavers are phenomenal though,for real, especially his recent ones. A lot of cleaver nuts are sleeping on them. They are already getting hard to get.
I sent TF and email like 10 days ago and still haven’t heard back. Doesn’t he know Im his biggest fan? 😢
Your statement is false. TF is TF greatest fan
1700881569600.jpeg

A quick chat with MCX confirms the weight is really 496g. 👍🏼. - “…but taper and balance makes it feel lighter than its actual weight.”
Originally I was going to say that weighs more than my 230x112 Lasuer cleaver and all my Takeda cleavers, including one that is 240 on the edge. Then I thought wait a minute that weighs more than every cleaver in my collection except maybe 1. It would be about the same as my blue migoto #6. With a cleaver you get a lot of blade for that weight. There is no way I would even consider that gyuto at 500 grams, nooo way!

Yeah, need me a TF cleaver. Takeda cleavers are phenomenal though,for real, especially his recent ones. A lot of cleaver nuts are sleeping on them. They are already getting hard to get.

Your statement is false. TF is TF greatest fan
View attachment 284176

Originally I was going to say that weighs more than my 230x112 Lasuer cleaver and all my Takeda cleavers, including one that is 240 on the edge. Then I thought wait a minute that weighs more than every cleaver in my collection except maybe 1. It would be about the same as my blue migoto #6. With a cleaver you get a lot of blade for that weight. There is no way I would even consider that gyuto at 500 grams, nooo way!
The cleaver LaSeur recently posted is yours?

IMG_9456.jpeg

Yes way😜

A quick chat with MCX confirms the weight is really 496g. 👍🏼. - “…but taper and balance makes it feel lighter than it’s actual weight.”
Hi all !
The weight of the knife is a subject I understand so I wanted to give you some insight about it.
Yes, it is 500 grams knife. The blade is maybe about 250/270 grams if I remember well, and handle is about the same due to damascus and stainless steel frame.
Here is how I see this knife : it is not an average kitchen knife, it is not made for everyday use in the kitchen. This is a piece we made with lot of freedom in mind, to make the most beautiful craftmanship object, with luxury feel and unique aspect.
I don't think it is meant to be the most useful knife to cut 10kg of potatoes as fast as possible for the pro cook. It is a knife for knife craft enthousiasts to look at, feel in hand and use for special occasion like serve a great meat to your friends and in family meeting. A special event knife.
It will cut 10kg of patatoes if you need to;)

Anyway, the knife feel heavy but feel also great in hand with right balance between the blade and the handle.
Hope that give you a better view of what is about with this knife and thanks a lot for having much interest about it.

Hi all !
The weight of the knife is a subject I understand so I wanted to give you some insight about it.
Yes, it is 500 grams knife. The blade is maybe about 250/270 grams if I remember well, and handle is about the same due to damascus and stainless steel frame.
Here is how I see this knife : it is not an average kitchen knife, it is not made for everyday use in the kitchen. This is a piece we made with lot of freedom in mind, to make the most beautiful craftmanship object, with luxury feel and unique aspect.
I don't think it is meant to be the most useful knife to cut 10kg of potatoes as fast as possible for the pro cook. It is a knife for knife craft enthousiasts to look at, feel in hand and use for special occasion like serve a great meat to your friends and in family meeting. A special event knife.
It will cut 10kg of patatoes if you need to;)

Anyway, the knife feel heavy but feel also great in hand with right balance between the blade and the handle.
Hope that give you a better view of what is about with this knife and thanks a lot for having much interest about it.
Thank you for taking the time to explain why the knife weighs that way and the intended purpose of the product. Congratulations on another beautiful knife. And as is customary around here, GLWS😜

the one on the left is a right kiri, even a bit weird when typing it out lol
Yes, the one on the right is a lefty and vice versa :) Looks like all the ones I commented on are lefty's according to 'the principle'

BTW the ones I pictured are Miki high speed steel - any experience with that metal?

Yes, the one on the right is a lefty and vice versa :) Looks like all the ones I commented on are lefty's according to 'the principle'

BTW the ones I pictured are Miki high speed steel - any experience with that metal?
Oh yeah, misread your question, my bad! : D
W/r the Miki high speed steel, it's a kind of powdery steel like M2/HAP 40/etc. Miki is a city in Japan that's very popular of making chisels, planes and all that woodwork tools, hence their favourite material got its name on the title.

Back