Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0867D057-39ED-46E3-8128-242EA40B4BE9.jpeg

I personally did not consider buying it because, when bernal cutlery put side by side a kramer and a kramer zwilling, only few could tell them apart. I would have a hard time owning that knife thinking there is a 450$ knife which looks and feels 99% the same.

Last edited:
I personally did not consider buying it because, when bernal cutlery put side by side a kramer and a kramer zwilling, only few could tell them apart. I would have a hard time owing that knife thinking there is a 450$ knife which looks and feels 99% the same.
If you put it side by side with a $150 Japanese Damascus knife with fancy custom handle and asked 100 people off the street which was more expensive, I’d put money it wouldn’t be the Kramer.
I just prefer his Damascus work than his steel

can't believe they only asked $4750 for that kramer!?
made in 1999, but looked brand new in the video.
I think we lost a bit perspective on the value of knives, with some outrageous prices we see on the secondary market. Outside of our community people have a hard time paying 150$ for a knife. I like it when I see that some honest, knife dealers are still asking a fair price: epicedge, bernal asked around the same price for their Kramer, Jon at JKI has always had fair prices for unicorns like Ashi honyaki or Tsukasa river jump series.

I think we lost a bit perspective on the value of knives, with some outrageous prices we see on the secondary market. Outside of our community people have a hard time paying 150$ for a knife. I like it when I see that some honest, knife dealers are still asking a fair price: epicedge, bernal asked around the same price for their Kramer, Jon at JKI has always had fair prices for unicorns like Ashi honyaki or Tsukasa river jump series.
Putting the morality of the argument aside, from an investment standpoint its hard to argue. The man is pretty much the leading kitchen knife maker in the world and has REPLICAS of his knives made by Shun and Henkels. This is an original made by him. It isn't magic, just financial decisions.

JCK has a bunch of Mizuno KS’s... but they all have $200 custom handles on them...

also their specs are thinner which I dunno I thought the Miz KS’s bright side was it had a slightly workhorsey vibe to it with that signature Miz grind that gives it the amazing food release.

if you’re going to spend 780 on the DX Blue 1 KS u might as wellspend the extra 300 for the Honyaki am I right?

Yea you can only access from non mobile site, otherewise you have to type in the name because it will only give an option to click on sold.

And to go back a week, I just got one of those Munetoshi's from clean-cut and that thing is one hell of a knife. I don't feel the finish is worse than anything other knife in that style under $200.

Yeah not too sure about JNS. I have a bot sweeping their webpage and scanning every 5 minutes for changes to catch Kato's and even though they advertise "Kato drops" on their Social Media. My data shows that they never happened. In all fairness they never say where they are dropping the Kato's maybe in-store only.

But as you can see most of the changes were triggered at 2:45AM PT.

Attachments

• KNS.JPG
    KNS.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 72
Yeah not too sure about JNS. I have a bot sweeping their webpage and scanning every 5 minutes for changes to catch Kato's and even though they advertise "Kato drops" on their Social Media. My data shows that they never happened. In all fairness they never say where they are dropping the Kato's maybe in-store only.

But as you can see most of the changes were triggered at 2:45AM PT.

In 5 minutes, the Katos would be gone, and it really would depend on if you're sweeping the right part of the site.

In 5 minutes, the Katos would be gone, and it really would depend on if you're sweeping the right part of the site.

It sweeps for pixel changes so even if the Kato was gone it would still find a pixel change and I have it running on both the Kato web Page and on the "All knives" web page sorted be most recent.

It sweeps for pixel changes so even if the Kato was gone it would still find a pixel change and I have it running on both the Kato web Page and on the "All knives" web page sorted be most recent.
I’m sure you are not the only one doing this, probably scanning more often... Which sucks for guys like me who don’t have the time or the inclination to create such a mechanism.

Latest posts

Back