Konosuke Kaiju

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do people think is the best workhorse available that the Kaiju is competing with? Anyone care to list the competition?

Shall we start the list with Jiro?

Still avail in b2. Wonder for how long.

Not long enough to type this out.

First Hype Ship had sailed. Ha Ha
Now waiting for Ship number 2 with even more hype and whistles.

Agreed- it’s marketing really play at the end of the day. Not to discount the makers, it’s all fine stuff. Sometimes it feels contrived.
Alright, I take back some of my pro-hype enthusiasm for Kono marketing earlier on this thread. I find it ludicrous that they've slickly marketed and created so much hyperbole for a knife that has only produced measly 2–3 Kaijus for each vendor. Really thought they'd be at least 10–20 knives per vendor on offer.

Alright, I take back some of my pro-hype enthusiasm for Kono marketing earlier on this thread. I find it ludicrous that they've slickly marketed and created so much hyperbole for a knife that has only produced measly 2–3 Kaijus for each vendor. Really thought they'd be at least 10–20 knives per vendor on offer.
At least Mark refused to sell 2 knives to the same buyer. But yes, ludicrous that stock is so limited. Total turn off, just like my feelings for Rolex

I find it ludicrous that they've slickly marketed and created so much hyperbole for a knife that has only produced measly 2–3 Kaijus for each vendor. Really thought they'd be at least 10–20 knives per vendor on offer.
Artificial scarcity FTW!

Which is why people were pre-emptively annoyed, I suspect.

4h7ffa.jpg

Listen, this is not a new strategy. They use this all the time in the fashion & art industry as a tactic. It’s called the drip feed. It’s used to create massive hype and exclusivity. They could’ve produced 100 of these things if they wanted to. It’s all arbitrary and a matter of choice how many they leak to the market- but if anyone knows by now the power of the secondary market, it’s Konos. These have that much more immediate value because they’ve choked down the supply. Happy hunting boys!

PS- what a great strategy to spread them across the vendors as well- very slick. Talk about knowing your target demographic. Hook line and sinker.

Last edited:
Tosho’s will be available at 12PM PST/ 3PM EST.

About a hour and a half to go

Alright, about 10 minutes to go before Tosho opens its gates. Wondering how many people have stretched out their wrists, fingers already on mouse ready to click.

I'm looking for that first 'WTB Kaiju' post.

Back