Konosuke Kaiju

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Literally everybody is interested I imagine.

eh to be 100% honest the lottery like nature of these has turned me off the proposition.

I really like the idea of getting one, I think it's an attractive package at a reasonable price and whatever, but I dont like not just being able to put in my credit card and order in a reasonable timeframe.

eh to be 100% honest the lottery like nature of these has turned me off the proposition.

I really like the idea of getting one, I think it's an attractive package at a reasonable price and whatever, but I dont like not just being able to put in my credit card and order in a reasonable timeframe.

I agree ENTIRELY. I would probably place an order today, if I knew I'd get one in a year for the list price.

Kosuke and Ivan have had Live Instagram shows with Tosho's staff explaining what goes into making these blades and I am not surprised that the quantity is limited given the amount of effort going into each one. I don't think these blades will ever be available in large quantities.

Last edited:
Who wants to start a pot? I bet it will be over in less than 1 min

Who wants to start a pot? I bet it will be over in less than 1 min
Well Duh! It’s been this way since the original Fuji days 8 years ago and when there were 3Xs the knives available.

same thing..... sigh oh well The Bunka lasted for close to 30 sec more... but it was just too expensive....

Everyone was gunning for the Kaiju and Swedish carbon... You actually have a good chance if you are gunning for a normal FM.
I scored a FM 240 too when everyone was gunning for the damascus blue#2

Seriously they should put some measures in place to stop that. I'm a software engineer and they don't even have the most basic of captcha/robot screening in place. Would not be hard for anyone to code something up to instantaneously checkout.
It’s by design. They could easily stop this process. The bigger the hype, the bigger the demand.

Seriously they should put some measures in place to stop that. I'm a software engineer and they don't even have the most basic of captcha/robot screening in place. Would not be hard for anyone to code something up to instantaneously checkout.
yeah a simple JavaScript can do that. Guess next time it’ll be “the war of bots.”

this is so stupid.

Im sorry but it would be pretty trivial to ask people to sign up with an address and a cell phone, say over a two week period, confirm with cell phone.

then run the RNG to pick people in order, give them 24 hours to pay otherwise their knife goes to the next person in line.

does it 100% solve it? absolutely not. would that give people an actual chance to get something they want? absolutely yes.

This is basically what bloodroot does, except you just sign up for a shorter period of time. This is the best way to sell hard to buy, high demand items, but there is cost associated with this process and the seller has to want to be fair. they could easily raise price by $50-$100 to cover the cost of this lottery and still sell all they have.

It doesn't look like Konosuke sellers see this as a problem. Like @Chicagohawkie said, they could stop it if they wanted to, looks to be done on purpose.

The thing about this format is that in the rush of the moment, even if you don't get the knife you want, it is very highly likely that you will buy something else... Not to mention the hype...

Back