Konosuke Kaiju

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one. Did not use a bot. You definitely had to be very fast though. I put another item in my cart and entered all my info beforehand. I guess I got lucky.

a smart plan, and congrats on getting one the right way.

I still suspect several of them got scooped by bots.

I guess its possible people are using bots, but if enough people enter their info right away and are refreshing right as the clock turns to 12, they were gonna sell in under 10 seconds regardless, so its hard to know.

The knife actually just arrived about 2 minutes ago. Tosho had it boxed up with a tracking number by 12:30 yesterday and its here 27 hours later. Very impressive.

First impression....totally different knife than the regular fuji. Much heavier, really feels like a workhorse.

IMG_3318.JPGIMG_3319.JPGIMG_3320.JPGIMG_3321.JPGIMG_3322.JPGIMG_3323.JPGIMG_3324.JPGIMG_3325.JPGIMG_3326.JPG

If anyone is interested in how they compare to regular Fujiyamas, last month I bought a Fujiyama from Tosho that was one of the more recent taller Fujis. It came in at 233 x 53 and 207 grams and the steel is Blue 1 as well. The Kaiju is 231mm x 52mm by comparison and weighs 240 grams.

IMG_3327.JPG

Fuji
IMG_3328.jpg
Kaiju
IMG_3329.jpg

The other thing I did was log in to the atomic clock website that has the exact time. I refreshed my window right as 11:59:59 turned into 12. There was nothing there, I refreshed again probably 12:00:01, still nothing, and then refreshed again, saw the listing, clicked add to cart, checkout, etc... The whole process took 4-5 seconds, maybe 6 at the most. Clicked submit order or whatever the last button was and crossed my fingers.
Thank you for sharing your method, now we all know how to snag it faster now

How is the comparison on the distal taper and thinness of the tip?
I would say the geometry is fairly similar in terms of how much distal taper both knives have. Obviously the Kaiju is wider along the spine. The first few centimeters from the tip going back along the spine are the same width as the regular fuji but then it gets thicker in comparison shortly after.

I would say the geometry is fairly similar in terms of how much distal taper both knives have. Obviously the Kaiju is wider along the spine. The first few centimeters from the tip going back along the spine are the same width as the regular fuji but then it gets thicker in comparison shortly after.
Thanks for sharing pics and comparisons!! I just got my FM 240 White 1 ebony handle (Tosho has the fastest delivery via dhl). First impressions are this is a perfect handle and balance point. Out of the box edge of course fantastic. Man I hope I can score a Kaiju at some point to try.

How about the thinness of the tip?

How about the thinness of the tip?
Its very similar to the regular fuji. As I said, the first few mm are identical and then the Kaiju gets a little thicker, but looking at them next to each other, they are very similar and the tip is very thin.

I guess its possible people are using bots, but if enough people enter their info right away and are refreshing right as the clock turns to 12, they were gonna sell in under 10 seconds regardless, so its hard to know.

The knife actually just arrived about 2 minutes ago. Tosho had it boxed up with a tracking number by 12:30 yesterday and its here 27 hours later. Very impressive.
I don't know how they do it but, mine arrived before noon today in Northern California shipped yesterday from Toronto,Canada! I checked the shipping details and noticed that it was still back East this morning but, it arrived at San Francisco airport at 9:28 and was checked out 20 minutes later.

Back