Marco Pierre White appreciation thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

labor of love

Reaction score
Oh wait, did you mean the block button? Yeah, pretty sure I’ll cry about that for awhile longer.

WiriWiri

Reaction score
Anyway, no scat tonight, but I;m surprised that nobody has mentioned that MPW invented Jamaican food in 2013. Proof here

Or at least, he invented Jer-May-Can food or whatever the hell this is. I think he missed a trick by not wearing a turban here, or perhaps one of those amusing hats with attached dreadlocks,

chiffonodd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyway, no scat tonight, but I;m surprised that nobody has mentioned that MPW invented Jamaican food in 2013. Proof here

Or at least, he invented Jer-May-Can food or whatever the hell this is. I think he missed a trick by not wearing a turban here, or perhaps one of those amusing hats with attached dreadlocks,
Priceless.

And I think Ramsey would agree 🤣

ian

Refined, yet toothy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oig... what a video. I mean, I guess someone probably just gave him the recipe and 50,000 pounds and told him to make it happen and he was like "Ok."

Migraine

Reaction score
At least he didn't wash the chicken like they wanted him to.

labor of love

Reaction score
He even managed to outrage my mum with that vid, Fierce words, involving combinations of vex and nincompoop, were used.
Yeah, I hope you and your family are okay. I wish you guys a speedy recovery.

• Haha
Reactions: ian

WiriWiri

Reaction score
She dying now fwiw, although I’ve even been loathed to level the blame toward MPW on this particular occasion,

More pertinently, I’m far from the greatest proponent of ‘authenticity’ or the belief that adapting food is always akin to cultural appropriation. But as a fellow Caribbean type, even I took a little offence at the ridiculousness of that interpretation of a Jamaican staple**

If Marco had said ‘the locals in PEENIS_SYL-VARNIA love this dish’ and slapped down a slice of spam topped with Gorgonzola and served in brioche, I suspect some here would be less than charitable with his take on a Philly Cheese Steak too

*Jamaicans are wrong on this dish. It isn’t rice and peas, it is peas and rice. This is important Caribbean rivalry business, although I fear my side may have lost this war

Delat

Reaction score
I thought that Jamaican rice and peas looked awesome and represented a great spin on the dish.

I followed his recipe for gnocchi last night and it turned out great. Unfortunately I didn’t have any Knorr on hand so I had to do a minor substitution.
638D0297-19BF-411B-AEF9-1CE3BEF76D41.jpeg

PS: I’m actually Jamaican-born and I don’t know wth that dish he cooked was, and even without the “Jamaican” description it looks pretty unappetizing. But subtract the rice, add a bottle of red wine and a scotch bonnet pepper, triple the onion and garlic, add fresh thyme, and you have a dish I call chicken and green peas which is at least Jamaican-adjacent and delicious as hell. My mom used to make that, except without the wine.