mazaki knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A voice of the manority on this one. But I actually liked that handle. Stunning piece of wood in my opinion. I’m not a fan of the dual horn thing though, could do w/o the horn butt. But overall I thought that was a pretty impressive package. This from a guy who normally doesn’t love Damascus. Beautiful stuff, but just not very “practical” for daily kitchen use. I have a tendency to F it up
I agree with you on the wood material, I personally do like the wood also. However to my own taste, I don't think this specific piece of wood is a good match with the Damascus steel. I personally find the wood burl pattern too busy that takes away the shine of the damascus. Secondly same as you have mentioned the dual horn thing. I think by assemble dual lighter color horns, it makes the handle look shorter and fatter.

I gotta say I love this photo MTC kitchen posted of Mazaki. What a pimp.
EE08BA35-FA7C-4708-A1AD-0AFE68F44C8E.png

ae6Unwb.jpg

pBfxwZO.jpg

210mm.

Bought it at cleancut in Stockholm. I have read much about different profiles, versions etc. Does this look like a decent one? I like it so far. :)

Looks great! Seems a bit thinner behind the edge than my 240 from the same batch (which is a good thing if that is in fact the case).

I made roasted root veggies today. That was not the perfect fit for Mr. Mazaki...

627AE6E7-22AD-4F06-8EB3-FB07F7D8BD43.jpeg
8EF4248B-B2D0-4DC1-8B5F-FC2B06C0A332.jpeg
8ED4193E-2225-49F5-83D4-DFC8488ED399.jpeg
So I pulled out my mazaki today that I got from ckc. I used it for a bit when I first got it but then packed away. Decided to use it for a fairly heavy prep day. I noticed a few things. I like it more now than I did before. I noticed the handle is a bit off center which I don’t mind much. But then I checked out the grind. Does this look lefty to anyone else?
F52DB723-2173-4441-B52D-A475BE8DDF09.jpeg

View attachment 73015 View attachment 73014 View attachment 73013 So I pulled out my mazaki today that I got from ckc. I used it for a bit when I first got it but then packed away. Decided to use it for a fairly heavy prep day. I noticed a few things. I like it more now than I did before. I noticed the handle is a bit off center which I don’t mind much. But then I checked out the grind. Does this look lefty to anyone else?View attachment 73012

Looks like @CiderBear bought it for you?

View attachment 73015 View attachment 73014 View attachment 73013 So I pulled out my mazaki today that I got from ckc. I used it for a bit when I first got it but then packed away. Decided to use it for a fairly heavy prep day. I noticed a few things. I like it more now than I did before. I noticed the handle is a bit off center which I don’t mind much. But then I checked out the grind. Does this look lefty to anyone else?View attachment 73012

Looks perfect to me. [Lefty here!]

That looks too beautifully lefty to not be accidental.

I had one from knife wear looks just like that, lefty. Asymmetrical grind with left flat & right convex. I returned it for an exchange & the replacement looked normal. However, KW said it’s not lefty, & they don’t have lefty.

Latest posts

Back