mazaki knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s yoshihiro like customer service wise? I wouldn’t mind talking to them about one.

I didn’t have much contact with them about the mazaki. I placed certain requests in order notes. Don’t think they cared.

Contacted them before about a Masashi to get answers on specs. Not sure if they’d actually go through inventory to look for variances you’d want but I never pushed the issue too much.

They work out of Beverly Hills and I received my knife in 2 days so I’m guessing it’s a full operation they run from there.

What’s yoshihiro like customer service wise? I wouldn’t mind talking to them about one.
Not terrible. I bought my first maz from them a while ago. They answered all my questions. Forgot the guy’s name. Something with a J like jensen or something. He made it sound like all the 240’s were pretty similar in size. Height of around 52-53. Not sure about the 270’s. I really have been wanting a 270 but just haven’t pulled the trigger because of other interests/loss of hours at work. I’m not saying their on Jon’s level of customer service but I didn’t have a horrible experience.

I think that’s the one I traded with him. It was from ckc. The thing was super bad ass and I never would have given it up except it had a pretty strong lefty grind. I bought one from yoshihiro to replace it. It’s nice but not nearly as hefty or bad ass as that one.
Ckc is carbon co, right. I've checked theirs out look nice. Wonder why they'd send you a lefty grind.

Not terrible. I bought my first maz from them a while ago. They answered all my questions. Forgot the guy’s name. Something with a J like jensen or something. He made it sound like all the 240’s were pretty similar in size. Height of around 52-53. Not sure about the 270’s. I really have been wanting a 270 but just haven’t pulled the trigger because of other interests/loss of hours at work. I’m not saying their on Jon’s level of customer service but I didn’t have a horrible experience.
Yes, his names Jensen. I contacted him about the 210 Maz to get actual measurements in early April. As Robert says, level of CS is good but not to Jon @JKI standard.
It was out of stock on the site but he found 2 more on the shelf. Specs were good ie oversized 210, with some weight. I just couldn't pull the trigger on a W#2 blade like this. Had it been B#2 I would have succumbed. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot more B#2 in the near future, so happy to wait.

That's a beaut! Pointier than the previous batch.

One of the things that made me pull the trigger. Nice profile with a longer flatspot, too.

How does she handle? Looks great

Very predictably. Well rounded in that it has equally good separation and release through product. No problems through a variety of ingredients including mushrooms, sweet potatoes, onions, and carrots. Edge and spine are straight as an arrow.

I was very surprised by how well the spine and choil are finished.

One of the things that made me pull the trigger. Nice profile with a longer flatspot, too.

Very predictably. Well rounded in that it has equally good separation and release through product. No problems through a variety of ingredients including mushrooms, sweet potatoes, onions, and carrots. Edge and spine are straight as an arrow.

I was very surprised by how well the spine and choil are finished.
I had one from the latest kns batch and wasn’t too impressed with how it moved through food. This one looks like it’s better overall ground... it definitely has me tempted.... I miss that thick spine out of the handle and weight.

got mine from Knifewear Garage Sale. after using it for a week, it's hefty and cut through easily for small ingredients but wedges on onion and carrot. the cladding is stupidly reactive, I have my oil applicator standby after I use it.

overall, it pretty nice, I cut my palm sugar easily without any problem and the OOB could be better, the edge retention is pretty good overall.

here are some pics:

YSmfkKa.jpg

IZOLDug.jpg

j0dcObe.jpg
AOgGe7J.jpg

Ordered a Migaki in 210 mm from cleancut yesterday. Really looking forward to it. I'm a little confused because of the handle. The description says ho-wood, some pictures showing keyaki I think...we will see ;)
the last batch was keyaki, yours will probably be ho. just my guess.

Ordered a Migaki in 210 mm from cleancut yesterday. Really looking forward to it. I'm a little confused because of the handle. The description says ho-wood, some pictures showing keyaki I think...we will see ;)
I emailed them about that two weeks ago. They said that current stock is the lighter colored Ho wood handle. The darker colored handles were from a previous keyaki wood handled batch. They weren't sure what the next shipment will use.

now that im down to just my kipp, i definitely need another gyuto (am I officially a heretic?). im torn between the ckc 240 or going deep and getting a shihan 52100 or aebL. I'm still wishy washy on those craggy KU finishes but its growing on me.

Back