• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS On hold HSC /// MagnaCut Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matchplay18

Banned
Reaction score
Hello I have for sale a HSC/// MagnaCut Gyuto 230mmm Ironwood handle Ebony ferrule. This has seen some limited use but like new condition. No scratches stropped once with Diamond Poly. I would describe this knife as a very productive heavy middle weight, yet has a confident nimble feel. Aggressive distal taper thin behind the edge parallel finish. A real go to workhorse your daily driver, minimal food striction. If you haven't already, give MagnaCut a try. Little to no maintenance very enduring edge retention takes a keen nasty edge. The fit and finish is excellent very prescriptive. Bills to pay something of value has to go. This cost $1,100.00 to the door. For sure I am going backwards $820.00 shipped CONUS. If this tips you over send me a PM.
Specs
Weight 275g
Blade height 58mm
Heel to tip 230mm
Spine out of the handle 3.6mm 3.0mm 2.8mm 2.0mm 1.7mm 1.2mm tip .05mm

Attachments

• DSCN2928.JPG
    DSCN2928.JPG
    465.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2929.JPG
    DSCN2929.JPG
    467.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2926.JPG
    DSCN2926.JPG
    473.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2934.JPG
    DSCN2934.JPG
    466.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN2930.JPG
    DSCN2930.JPG
    469.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Last edited:
https://cdn.imagearchive.com/kitchenknifeforums/data/attach/202/202294-DSCN2907.JPGhttps://cdn.imagearchive.com/kitchenknifeforums/data/attach/202/202293-DSCN2906.JPG
are the last two pics (the spine and choil shots) really of the same knife? the handle looks different to me. sorry for the weird question. the filename numbering is 20-30 images apart from the rest of the series, so i'm wondering if it was a mistake.
. I was experimenting with lighting and different locations around the shop.

Last edited:
i don't mean to be a bother, but i'll ask once more for clarity

1670367097691.png

1670367155952.png

these are really the same? i don't see the ebony ferrule in the top pic. also, what's that thing that looks like a brass insert?
pretty cool looking handle in top pic. well, both are nice.

or is it the same knife but with different handles?

Very sorry I did get the pics mixed up with a Nordquist from Jesse Thompson. I will rectify the problem. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. Again sorry for any confusion.

awesome distal taper on that nordquist

i don't mean to be a bother, but i'll ask once more for clarity

View attachment 212702

View attachment 212703

these are really the same? i don't see the ebony ferrule in the top pic. also, what's that thing that looks like a brass insert?
pretty cool looking handle in top pic. well, both are nice.

or is it the same knife but with different handles?
I down loaded these off a jump drive. Very sorry I down loaded the wrong picture. I will take care of the problem. Again very sorry for any confusion.

Latest posts

Back