Photo Contest - Pick Your Own Prize each Month

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that two tone Amboyna; it has the different color ferrule built right in to the handle!

That handle is too cool, knife aint bad either

zensho240.jpg

Zensho 240mm dressed up in Amboyna burl.

Lady Luck, time to smile my way again. :)

Mark, since you said the Tasmanian blackwood came from you, here's the Burke. Sorry for the poor quality of the photo--it's a tricky one to photograph. (The wood and patina look much better in person.)

Burke4.jpg

I decided to do this drawing a day early because tomorrow I am going to post another contest with the prize being something unusual I picked up on my recent road trip.

Winning post is #57
Congratulations JohnnyChance

To claim your prize just pick out a piece you like in the webstore.
Add it to the shopping cart and complete just like you would with a normal order.
When you get to the part for payment method select check / money order.
In the notes section indicate that the block is your prize for the 3/31 drawing.

You can select your prize whenever you like.
I will be adding a bunch of new pieces over the next several days.

I decided to do this drawing a day early because tomorrow I am going to post another contest with the prize being something unusual I picked up on my recent road trip.

Winning post is #57
Congratulations JohnnyChance

To claim your prize just pick out a piece you like in the webstore.
Add it to the shopping cart and complete just like you would with a normal order.
When you get to the part for payment method select check / money order.
In the notes section indicate that the block is your prize for the 3/31 drawing.

You can select your prize whenever you like.
I will be adding a bunch of new pieces over the next several days.

Woohoo! Thanks Mark, can't wait to see what you are adding to the store.

The May 1 drawing winner is post #129
Congratulations Oivind Dahle

For your prize you get to select any piece you want out of the web store.
Just act like you are buying the piece and go through check out.
When it comes to payment method, select Check / Money Order.
In the notes section say this is your prize for the drawing.

First attempt at a Psuedo Wa handle. Buffalo Horn ferrule/bolster and Mark's SICK Redwood I just got in on Monday!!!

WA1.jpg

WA8.jpg

I like the angular look. What does the rest of the knife look like?

I like it.
The angular handle and blade look great together.

Thanks! It's 228 mm blade and the bolster is thin enough to be comfortable.

WOW! Spike that is cool. Love the shape of that blade

It was made by David Broadwell.
A bit more conservative carving than some of his others.
But I think it looks great.

New knife from Del. Del suggested that since the piece of desert ironwood was so special, that I should consider using the wood for 100% of the handle. I took his suggestion and I'm glad I did as this piece of wood is spectacular!!! The picture does not do the knife or the handle justice!!!!

5-22-12ultimatum.jpg

52100 ******** Ultimatum with Burl Source amboyna burl. Wa handles are a PITA.

Thanks guys. I saw a natural end on somebody's nakiri here, and have been keeping my eyes open for similar pieces. Maybe I just need a LOT more practice! I'm hoping Marko makes a DVD soon, 'cause watching someone with his talent and attention to detail is the only way I'm going to learn!
5-22-12ultimatumhandle.jpg

Hmmm. I find Western style handles easier than Wa handles! But I also have a custom belt sander for the finger grooves and stuff :)

I have a Grizzly 2x72 I traded some pots for, and an excellent Wayne Coe disk grinder with a vfd. I love wa handles, but my friends around here don't get it, so I'll stick with westerns for now.

I have the grizzly, too!! And 2 1x30's and a 6x48 :)

I think a 6x48 would come in real handy, along with a magnet for surface grinding. No more tools for me for a while though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back