Pink brick super thirsty? Is it normal?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam92

Reaction score
I got the new pink brick 220# yesterday, Even though soaking in water for more than 4 hour, still super thirsty, is it normal for pino brick?I have tp keep adding water to whetstone, similar to cerax 1k.

Yes, I think that this is normal. I keep my pink brick permasoaked, and it still seems very thirsty. The top surface dries pretty quickly, and sometimes a thick mud forms after sharpening for a little bit. I just rinse off the stone when the stone gets too dry or forms too much thick mud.

Yes, I think that this is normal. I keep my pink brick permasoaked, and it still seems very thirsty. The top surface dries pretty quickly, and sometimes a thick mud forms after sharpening for a little bit. I just rinse off the stone when the stone gets too dry or forms too much thick mud.
Thanks for letting me know, as long as is normal, I don't need to worry about it 😁😁

Mine is also very thirsty, even perma-soaked. Thought about sharpening underwater - but I couldn't hold my breath that long :cool:

I got frustrated with it and tried the SG220 - and have not looked back.
I have the SG220 as well, only cons for SG220 is too thin for the stone, when I need to do heavy thinning or resetting bevel I use Pink brink.

Pink brink quite annoying due to thirsty problem 😂😂😂

I have the SG220 as well, only cons for SG220 is too thin for the stone, when I need to do heavy thinning or resetting bevel I use Pink brink.

Pink brink quite annoying due to thirsty problem 😂😂😂

Exactly how I feel..

Pink brick seems to allow water to just fall through. I’m planning on sealing mine to see if it’ll just take and hold water. Might work, might not but if I mess it up at least I still have SG lol

Exactly how I feel..

Pink brick seems to allow water to just fall through. I’m planning on sealing mine to see if it’ll just take and hold water. Might work, might not but if I mess it up at least I still have SG lol
Let me know thr result after you sealing the stone. 😊😊

Hi guys, is it normal the steel material go into stone? I try to use sabitori or atoma to clean the surface, but seems like not working at all, this problem never happen with others stone.
IMG_20210627_104202.jpg

Hi guys, is it normal the steel material go into stone? I try to use sabitori or atoma to clean the surface, but seems like not working at all, this problem never happen with others stone. View attachment 132550
Yes, I think that it is normal for some steel to get into the stone surface. Here is a picture of my stone right now. The grey is steel that has gotten into the stone surface, and I think that the orange is iron that has rusted in the stone from thinning my iron clad knife. I think that you should be fine. A lot of the apparent steel in/on the surface will be gone when you flatten your stone. I still have some orange spots on my stone when I flatten it. It still works well (just like it came), so I don’t think that you have anything to worry about.

Attachments

• AFD20962-2CA0-4C38-9AA5-4BFDB712799F.jpeg
    AFD20962-2CA0-4C38-9AA5-4BFDB712799F.jpeg
    81.5 KB
I can flatten my stone and show you what the surface of mine looks like after being flattened. Let me know if you want me to do that. Sorry, I just reread your post and saw that you tried using the atoma plate to clean the surface. I think that the top surface of mine might be a little more grey than the sides or bottom after flattening. You should be fine.

Yes, I think that it is normal for some steel to get into the stone surface. Here is a picture of my stone right now. The grey is steel that has gotten into the stone surface, and I think that the orange is iron that has rusted in the stone from thinning my iron clad knife. I think that you should be fine. A lot of the apparent steel in/on the surface will be gone when you flatten your stone. I still have some orange spots on my stone when I flatten it. It still works well (just like it came), so I don’t think that you have anything to worry about.
Thanks for letting me know, I feel the cutting speed still same Even though the steel get into the stone, as long as work as normal, I don't need to concern about it. 😉😉😉

All right so I just sprayed mine with sealant and it drank like… 5 coats. The surface is literally dry to touch within a couple seconds. This might need to be revisited with a different sealant

Hi guys, is it normal the steel material go into stone? I try to use sabitori or atoma to clean the surface, but seems like not working at all, this problem never happen with others stone. View attachment 132550
I flattened my pink brick today with my diamond plate, and I thought that it might be helpful if I added a picture to this thread. It looks like the grey is mostly gone, but some of the orange rusted iron remained.

Attachments

• 3532BB25-CD6C-4714-9D64-E8ADA59BACCF.jpeg
    3532BB25-CD6C-4714-9D64-E8ADA59BACCF.jpeg
    92.6 KB
for the love of all that's holy, can someone please order us up some "pink brick super thirsty" t-shirts? count me in for three or four, extra-large.

Back