Reuse vci paper?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyamateurDK

Reaction score
Hi all.

I just received a new knife in aogami steel.

The maker shipped it wrapped in vci paper. The vendor have given it a final sharpening before sending it to me. So the vci paper have bin removed and put on again a few times.

I will have to store the knife for a few months now. Would it be okay to reuse the vci paper again. Just store the knife dry in the box wrapped in the vci paper? Or can I expect the knife to rust?

Thanks in advance 😊

Hi all.

I just received a new knife in aogami steel.

The maker shipped it wrapped in vci paper. The vendor have given it a final sharpening before sending it to me. So the vci paper have bin removed and put on again a few times.

I will have to store the knife for a few months now. Would it be okay to reuse the vci paper again. Just store the knife dry in the box wrapped in the vci paper? Or can I expect the knife to rust?

Thanks in advance 😊
Putting the knife into vci paper can prevent rust, even the city you living humidity is high. But always better to took it out every once a while to check it.

Really shouldn't store in a saya - much more possibility of rust

I also have an (aogami super) knife and when not used it doesn't rust, but very slowly gets patina, so if your climate isn't extremaly humid it should be fine.

Back