Shig alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not bonkers at all. The people who buy these knives have accounts and can check out without having to put in any info at all, just click a few times. You are handicapping yourself if you don't make an account.
I have an account but still need to input CC info or login to PP. JNS won't store your CC info, otherwise it would go faster.

I have an account but still need to input CC info or login to PP. JNS won't store your CC info, otherwise it would go faster.
No, you don't have to input credit card info or log into paypal. Choose bank transfer option. That's the fastest way to check out. Your order is immediately registered.

5b40f9e9834e1938dcb9.png

Do you need to preset up the bank transfer option with banking info?
It's been a while since I used the function, but when I used it I didn't have to set anything up. The order just gets completed and then you send the money afterwards. Fastest way you can check out.

There’s a kiya branded shig 270mm yanagiba on the bay right now for what I think is a decent price. If you can live without the bad ass shig kanji it might be worth it for someone here.

I just happened to be on the JNS website when both were available this morning, and took a look. I was mostly astonished by the price. They have been more than I want to pay for a long time. . . but have they gone up in price recently?

I saw it this morning. The price converts to $2425 USD (with VAT included) for those interested.

A lot of what he’s getting from shig and kato he’s selling directly to people he knows. Not even going on the website anymore.
Maybe true but what evidence do you have? Know people who have got their paws on knives like that?

I just happened to be on the JNS website when both were available this morning, and took a look. I was mostly astonished by the price. They have been more than I want to pay for a long time. . . but have they gone up in price recently?
When I saw the asking price I remember experiencing an involuntary sharp intake of breath. Def flipper pricing.

Those must be some very special customers. Because he stopped taking any kind of reservations (let alone preorders) few years ago.

Back