Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Considering Masamoto run long, what's the actual edge length on the bad boy?

Everything! I tend to reach for bigger knives all the time, long slicing motions gets food cut up more nicely and you can use it like for a whole 2 onions if you need them sliced at the same time. Bunches of herbs. . . Really can be a time saver providing skills are there

@LifeByA1000Cuts: yes they do!
And the D-shaped handle fits perfect in my hand, nice and safe feeling.
83c4c388b0fd3b1d99e9a41a022b1e15_zpsz3eriber.jpg

@Blen Almost a finish type on its own by the looks of it - kurouchi that ISN'T a variant of brut de forge anymore ...

As they said to the Beatles, it has passed the audition. Filled two 22 qt cambros with sweet taters and then did the tomatoes. It was looking for more.

P_20170121_090335_NT.jpg

Wish I had the patience necessary to get a knife like that.

It is remarkably how similar these are as far as profile is concerned. The picture actually makes it look more different than what they look like to me in real life.

It is remarkably how similar these are as far as profile is concerned. The picture actually makes it look more different than what they look like to me in real life.

very nice, what maker is that??

As they said to the Beatles, it has passed the audition. Filled two 22 qt cambros with sweet taters and then did the tomatoes. It was looking for more.

P_20170121_090335_NT.jpg
It took until now for me to finally see the sex appeal in this gyuto. The profile of yours looks on point! Very nice.

I gotta say they couldnt look any more different in that pic lol.

I think it is the angle, since one is D handle and one octagonal, they lay on the board at different angles. The blade profiles are actually very similar in reality. The grinds seem different to me. Gengetsu seems to be S-grind like, Itinomonn is more convex. All of it is without actual measurements so take it with a grain of salt. Just goes to show you that pictures and reality don't always agree...:)

My recently arrived Gengetsu resolves to the earliest(furthest up the blade) flat spot of any of my knives thus far. Which includes an Itinomonn Kasumi, though the comparison isn't totally even - the Itinomonn is a 270mm

I'm sure there will be a lot of these, but I am so happy with it I had to share: Gengetsu SS w2 240.

O4mYYCG.jpg

EDhfFhb.jpg

It destroyed my test onion :)

Back