Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's

If it makes you feel any better, it is wedgy AF, so I'm gonna have deal with that PITA...
My 240 arrived (on sale from Sugi Cutlery, not direct), and this does NOT make me feel better because mine is also a wedging machine. How do you plan on addressing? Not sure how to thin it without destroying the unique grind!

Arrived this week:

43735587yo.jpeg

43735588ui.jpeg

43735589fo.jpeg

43735590zu.jpeg

43735591rg.jpeg

So this batch is quite consistent. I guess so many buyers ask for workhorse styles that they start to make them all like that.
Could also be down to the fact that Denka and Mabs are inhouse forged, and the main guy doing this work has left TF. Just a guess, but might explain the change in specs.

Hahahaha. I was expecting questions about the knife itself but not about the 3€ plate holder from IKEA…. 😂
I mean, the knife is beautiful but it happens I have been looking for a cheap and nice knife holder like that.

Thanks for the help!:)

Could also be down to the fact that Denka and Mabs are inhouse forged, and the main guy doing this work has left TF. Just a guess, but might explain the change in specs.
If that’s the case I’m happy to see that. This is my 3rd TF and also the nicest one in term of forge. Very straight spine and centered edge. Cladding exposed core steel nice and even. The edge of my previous 2 TF (3mm thick regulars) were both not centered and the cladding was a little wonky as well almost on edge in some area.

My 240 arrived (on sale from Sugi Cutlery, not direct), and this does NOT make me feel better because mine is also a wedging machine. How do you plan on addressing? Not sure how to thin it without destroying the unique grind!
It needs to be thinned. I don't know how I'm going to go about it, will probably end up paying someone. I've never thinned a knife before and I don't relish using this one as a lab rat. I heard that District Cutlery does it, I might swing by there the next time I'm in DC. I'm in no real hurry, I still enjoy using this knife for things other than hard veggies and have other nice gyutos as well.

I was eyeing this one at Crocker for a while…love the profile and everything.
Me too, I had been eyeing this one since someone put it up on the Knife findings thread. I looked at it for 2 weeks. Little Yoda on my right shoulder said, „Resist you must“. And I did. But temptation of the dark side of the Force was way too big. Now, call me Darth Daddy!!! :angel:

Z-wear western gyuto from @HSC /// Knives. Love this knife from the limited use so far! Harbeer was an absolute pleasure to deal with and very kindly accommodated me and waited to ship it to me until I was back in France. Fun grind with a good balance of flat and convex with nice taper towards the tip. Feels pretty tough in use too. Stabilised mango wood handle.

Length heel to tip: 200mm
Height at heel: 51mm
Weight: 186g

IMG_4939.JPG
IMG_4937.JPG
IMG_4933.JPG
IMG_4936.JPG

Nordquist Design 240 in magnacut.
A pretty thing that is.
Tip is a laser, right up there with shibata.
Heal is deceptive .. feels thinner through product then photo would suggest.
S grind (milled) does wonders for food release, not quite kamon but very very close, grooves in s grind are finer then I expected.
No comment on steel yet, maybe in 6 months I'll see how it holds up.

Attachments

• PXL_20220522_134831054.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20220522_134831054.NIGHT.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220522_134840783.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20220522_134840783.NIGHT.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20220522_134909804.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20220522_134909804.NIGHT.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
Back