Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked with the OEL last night, and loved it. The handle geometry is astonishing: there’s no wasted area, yet the weight is perfect. It handles like a sports car. The tanto blade shape is a two part weapon. The angle of the distal taper is spot on. Mid-to-heel, where the spine is most convex, it dices effortlessly, while the tip invites creative cuts. Prepped some hybrid green/white asparagus that I tattooed with angled cuts before sliding under the broiler. The resulting char marks were pretty awesome. This is the knife I will grab for dinner parties.

The steel is 14C28N, which I was familiar with from one my Fingal Ferguson’s, and is laser sharp. The matte finish of the kireha looks futuristic and difficult to scratch. Best of all, juxtaposed against the hammered hira, it reminds me of a continental coastline from the sky.

Jedi knife.

View attachment 322897View attachment 322898
"sports car" thank you that is exactly how I feel about mine but never had the words.

Cuts very well, looks great and more importantly, no stiction.

IMG_1545.png
IMG_1546.png
IMG_1547.png

Not new, but effectively new. Tall Shindo nakiri with an @eddworks regrind. Old one was was too curvy, so I flattened it a bunch, and Eddie was gracious enough to thin/regrind after it was too thick BTE. He did a killer job.

As far as I know this was a one-off and he doesn't plan on doing these jobs in the near future unless it's something he's made.

20240522_102650.jpg

1000040691.jpg

What's the verdict compared to the normal nakiri? I know some of his taller ones have quite curved belly?
1000007598.jpg

Flat towards the heel and mid knife but certainly a curve up towards the front. I dont really mind it honestly. And even if I did, I do not have the skill, time, nor patience to do anything about it myself 😂

View attachment 323468

Flat towards the heel and mid knife but certainly a curve up towards the front. I dont really mind it honestly. And even if I did, I do not have the skill, time, nor patience to do anything about it myself 😂
That's so much better than mine stock, I like a little belly but this was dumb. Yours looks great.

20240301_150520.jpg

The only thing that I'm still iffy about is the handle install. It came with an funky angle and I thought "huh that's weird". So I emailed Tokushu and Zach said that he specifically installs handles like that for the taller knives to minimize hand fatigue. I figured I'd give it a week or 2 to see what I thought and if it continues to bug me he offered to adjust it for free.

Not new, but effectively new. Tall Shindo nakiri with an @eddworks regrind. Old one was was too curvy, so I flattened it a bunch, and Eddie was gracious enough to thin/regrind after it was too thick BTE. He did a killer job.

As far as I know this was a one-off and he doesn't plan on doing these jobs in the near future unless it's something he's made.

View attachment 323445
View attachment 323446

That's so much better than mine stock, I like a little belly but this was dumb. Yours looks great.

View attachment 323469
Mine is also not as extreme belly. Still deciding on handle options for this guy.

PXL_20240524_175728381.jpg

Back