Sometimes you need the pros

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefwp

no electrons were harmed creating this KKF content
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a shout out to the fellows at District Cutlery, who made my damaged Kagekiyo 240 like new again, kept it super thin and took off a minimal amount of metal. Somehow I even managed to walk away without buying a new knife, not sure how I managed that.
PXL_20230317_162258040~2.jpg

What they fixed:
217886-PXL-20230227-192424114-2.jpg

They have really come into their own the last few years -- it's great to see. Hopefully we'll see at least one of them at the ECG.
They are also in a really cool spot, it is one of those great halls filled with many small food stalls and kiosks. I was able to take them my damaged knife, grab a bowl of gumbo, and pick up the knife after lunch was over. I was expecting them to ship it back to me, so this was a pleasant surprise as I was only in DC a short time.

This is a shout out to the fellows at District Cutlery, who made my damaged Kagekiyo 240 like new again, kept it super thin and took off a minimal amount of metal. Somehow I even managed to walk away without buying a new knife, not sure how I managed that.
View attachment 231942

What they fixed:
View attachment 231943
That's not a chip. That's a chip.

PXL_20230409_203337390.jpg

A friend's knife that their partner messed up trying to karate chop frozen ground beef. I don't have an after shot yet. But I dropped it off with DC yesterday. We'll see what they come up with.

Back