Subway shoulda just bought some sujis

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a surprise, doing stuff at larger scale is more efficient? Who'd have thought? ;)
I think sujis would make matters even worse. I don't think they'd do a better job at thin slicing meats than a deli slicer. Even worse they'd likely have extra costs related to employee injuries.

8dzhso.jpg

For me, it's not that subway sucks (it's definitely nothing special), but more so that for the same amount or even less money, there are local joints that make a much better sandwich.
My wife absolutely LOVES subway. Drives me nuts

For me, it's not that subway sucks (it's definitely nothing special), but more so that for the same amount or even less money, there are local joints that make a much better sandwich.
My wife absolutely LOVES subway. Drives me nuts
I loved it back in the early-mid 2010’s. $5-6 foot longs were hard to beat for a lunch that tasted good, didn’t feel as terrible for you as other fast food options and took care of a good chunk of your calorie needs for the day while getting you a decent amount of protein. Now that they’re 11+? Like most fast food it’s pretty hard to justify unless you’re on a road trip and need something fast. Unlike most fast food dealing in deep fried stuff, I can create a pretty good sub at home if I’m really craving it, so they matter even less.

I loved it back in the early-mid 2010’s. $5-6 foot longs were hard to beat for a lunch that tasted good, didn’t feel as terrible for you as other fast food options and took care of a good chunk of your calorie needs for the day while getting you a decent amount of protein. Now that they’re 11+? Like most fast food it’s pretty hard to justify unless you’re on a road trip and need something fast. Unlike most fast food dealing in deep fried stuff, I can create a pretty good sub at home if I’m really craving it, so they matter even less.
Totally agree with that. Subway was a great option twenty years ago. If they were still $7 it might be an option now.
Fast food as a whole has gotten ridiculous. Most of the time you can get real food for maybe $5 more.

Of all the fast foot chains, Subway is probably one of the best ones when it comes to freshness and healthy ingredients. And their low-calorie options actually are low in calories.

Not the best sandwich, sure, but one that's decent. I don't mind it every now and then.

$5-6 foot longs were hard to beat for a lunch
Absolutely. But like you mentioned, those same $5-6 subs are now like $11+ and compared to other fast food options, it just seems like a rip-off.
Their slice of the sandwich business pie has shrunk quite a bit over the last decade, with new options going mainstream and I think subway has to adjust expectations on their share of the market.
Maybe if they let the patrons use the slicer. That might be entertaining enough to walk in and watch the mayhem

Back