• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD TF Denka 210mm Tou cou edition

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ma_sha1

Reaction score
Another catch & release, since I already have a TF, & it’s my only gyuto for cutting frozen meat, can’t be displaced. I am letting the new guy go.

Pictures are in the 210 shoot out thread. As expected, it did well. It’s similar to my Toyama but with better steel & less boring look, Similar, similar convex grind, similar thinness & choil shot etc.

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/...out-denka-vs-kochi-vs-toyama-vs-tanaka.47447/

What’s special?

> 65-66 crazy hardness on tough AS steel
> Stone thinned, low/hi spot smoothed out by previous owner, this, a much improved TF over typical TF selection.
> Slight reddish tint on some part of the KU, I find it desirable, never seen it on other KU. I don’t believe all Denka has it either.

> 刀工, Tao cou inEnglish the extra two kanji means Swordsmith, is not widely available in newer TF, my other TF doesn’t have it. Some believe it was meant to be by the master himself when he forged it, some doesn’t, but regardless, it was desirable to me as it sets this Denka apart.

What’s not special?

The handle. Do not expect to be impressed by the handle, f&f of handle is poor but I think most of us already know that. In case potential new buyer is not aware, you have been warned. It does function just fine, but I’d certainly re-handle it if I was to keep it.

Specs:
212 mm edge
49 mm heel height
201 gm weight

Asking $595
+ shipping to CANUS.

One more pic for the choil:
6ECB8745-3E9A-4CA2-B1CE-9DC94B3B1805.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice - of course it went so quick. If I didn't have a perfect and insanely thin 210 mab I would've been all over this.

Is the price correct at $595 plus shipping?

Yes, it’s correct. I believe the value of this knife, being Tou cou, can easily fetch $700 or higher. But I got it at a real good deal, didn’t want to be overly greedy.

I wanted to leave some room for the buyer. In case of needs, buyer has room to sell it higher & recoup the investment & cost of selling etc.

Yes, it’s correct. I believe the value of this knife, being Tou cou, can easily fetch $700 or higher. But I got it at a real good deal, didn’t want to be overly greedy.

I wanted to leave some room for the buyer. In case of needs, buyer has room to sell it higher & recoup the investment & cost of selling etc.

Ah got it. Congrats on the sell.

Sure, It’s the two little kanji up on top: 刀工

984CECBB-E046-40A3-8CDE-9EC9E9615642.jpeg

SOLD

Last edited:
The two extra kanji mean jack now. TF hasn’t been forging blades for 10 years now. So you can believe all the special unicorn dust fell on it, but it never did happen.

Only things TF does now is forge katanas, chisel kanji or make the special edition blades.

The two extra kanji mean jack now. TF hasn’t been forging blades for 10 years now. So you can believe all the special unicorn dust fell on it, but it never did happen.

Only things TF does now is forge katanas, chisel kanji or make the special edition blades.
刀工, what's mean jack?

Only denka series have this two kanji?

刀工, what's mean jack?

Only denka series have this two kanji?

Means jack (or jack sh*t) = means nothing.

You can only find it on old stock denka and maboroshi as the stamp hasn't been used anymore. Collector value wise it's one of the few USPs that can't be requested. For example, you can get one with a red handle, can't get one with a TouCou stamp.

Means jack (or jack sh*t) = means nothing.

You can only find it on old stock denka and maboroshi as the stamp hasn't been used anymore. It's probably one of the few USPs that can't be requested.
Thank you for the reply, english is not my first language, i was confuse at first what's mean jack. 😂😂😂

Now i know that, good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back