The Video Diary Collections.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The late Anthony Bourdain visits Bob Kramer and forges a meteoroid knife

Totally self marketing... but worth watching

Because everyone needs a little Rie in their life....plus the only known video of a CM knife in action!

Silly video except the trip to Korin makes it worth watching....

OK I never want to **** on anyone for a creative endeavor, so I won't. I never want to discourage that outlet. I don't like her knives but who cares what I think. What I care about is something that I would never use for fear of losing a finger. Pressing an object into the side of a blade while running your hand parallel (or perpendicular) to the edge? Someone got a visit from the good idea fairy.

Someone got a visit from the good idea fairy.

So many good ideas here:
1. Make knife by stock removal from inexpensive, harrier rasp: < $20 cost of goods
2. Don't waste time, or belts, grinding off the rasp's teeth; just call it a grater feature
3. Get free wood from Daddy's barn for the handles
4. Charge $800, because Cut Brooklyn charges $750

Harvard Business School should do a case study....

Sure you have your Kato that you swing around showing off but do you have the rest of the kitchen basics or are you just a poseur ?

Has anyone found any solid videos on Jnat polishing, or using Jnats in general? I don't have a great handle on how much slurry to build or other similar details...

Trying to do an instruction video with kids in the background. I can relate...

Not sure where my sympathies lie: the dad or the kids. But I do relate.

This is quite long, but worth watching. If you don't feel like investing all that time, do yourself a favour and start watching at 36:20. It's worth it!

This is a knife, a serious knife! Salmons are forever.
Interesting, thanks! That's the first time I've seen this particular filleting technique, and it's the first time I've seen that style of knife.

He got the fillets out very cleanly. But I suspect that this technique is a fair bit slower than the normal one, where you open the fish up from the back.

Interesting, thanks! That's the first time I've seen this particular filleting technique, and it's the first time I've seen that style of knife.

He got the fillets out very cleanly. But I suspect that this technique is a fair bit slower than the normal one, where you open the fish up from the back.

Yeah me too! Never seen the technique, never seen the knife before.

It does seem a bit slow to me too. However, it might be worth a try, although I doubt I have the appropriate tools for it.

Interesting cultural information from a Western chef who trained in Japan:

Back