Media ugliest. knife. ever.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda looks like a westernized version of some sort of southeast asian cleaver?

The profile reminds of a Chinese "pork slaughtering knife" or scimitar, but it's hard to tell without knowing the scale of the photo. It would be a little weird to have one of those with such a fancy curved spine and rounded heel. That head of wheat looks kinda big next to the knife, so maybe it's a cheese knife.

Cutter-Pork-Knife-Slaughter-Butcher-Cleaver-Chinese-Style.jpg

The profile reminds of a Chinese "pork slaughtering knife" or scimitar, but it's hard to tell without knowing the scale of the photo.

You are correct-- it's a type of butchers knife used commonly in China/HK/TW. The name in mandarin directly translates into "Pig meat knife" (豬肉刀), although the name is a bit generic since "pig meat knives" come in varying geometries. The rounded version in the original picture posted by mikaelsan is used a lot for "chop-slicing" pork chops in high volume and light butchery (see here: https://youtu.be/ULTuKm6JvqU?t=12s)

P.S. In case one was interested what they were talking about in the video clip -- it's a local news segment in Taiwan covering a 22 year old market butcher driving high sales with her good looks and knife skills. (Beats me.)

I would love some more perspective on the size of this. Giant cheese knife? What is this for?

well someone allready anwsered what kind of cleaver it is but:
Blade: 440C stainless steel
length: 27.5cm,
blade length: 16.5cm
blade thickness: 2.5 mm
blade width: 10.2 cm
net weight: 311g.
Hardness: 58-59 HRC.

some things like hardness has to be taken with a grain of salt, and you have to guess your self where it might be at, i see knives advertised at 70hrc +/-1 on that site :p
Ping Pong?

This was my thoughts exactly, it is after all a "multipurpose knife", so it would be useful i guess if it can double as a ping pong bat, maybe thats the idea?. Its a "XITUO High quality Outdoor kitchen knife blank DIY stainless steel blade Tool multi-function Chef Cleaver Boning Knife Sharp" Love the item names on these chinese sites.
But seriously it might be me just lacking imagination but i cant see a purpose that would benefit from the profile over another

62125006097046c6966f7e8c276e79cd.jpg

9ac30c3b0b1b4bdc9cb053aa75c3e433.jpg

I feel kinda bad posting these but these can be have for the low price of $300 each local to me. Check out those edges

i got a fb friend request this morning from what appears to be a self employed knife merchant.

the cover photo is amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/safienterp...km83Y0Mmodn5kw_a8LuFKh18y4ZWa58sov2cY&fref=nf

mostly a lot of those kinda knives you expect the predator uses on his home world during formal ceremonies.

couple "chef's knives" like this beauty. the handle tells me its geared more towards the professional than the home cook... im not really sure which end i like best.

YyRGQVF.jpg

Last edited:
I was googling around for inspiration and while I don't think this deserves being rated ugliest ever, I thought some of y'all might enjoy it.

FOSaussureBoxElderBurl7.JPG

Jay Fischer, a very talented guy making very silly knives that are mostly meant for display. I stumbled across his site on my way here, and no I did not buy anything;).

Yes, but I'm still skeptical. Zooming in on the knife image, the holes don't look round to me. More like they were drilled by hand without a drill press?

I'm sure they are round, but he prefers hollow grind on his kitchen knives (on almost all knives it seems) so that is probably the distortion you're seeing in the roundness. It's also very possible the holes are chamfered which also may give rise to the illusion that they are irregularly shaped.

Back