Media ugliest. knife. ever.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
51gFI0KEFLSL1254.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OXURZ2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a beer.
Put on some popcorn.
Click the link.
Pride comes before the fall.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/178575825661249/permalink/704635199721973/
HRornUN.jpg

3PAvsnw.jpg

Hahha. I love his decry of innovation.... with nothing innovative about it.

Offset handle - been done before.
High end damascus steel yanagi - done before.
Flat backside - done on super cheap yanagis
Off the shelf heat treat...

Like I don't actually move the shape aesthetically. Probably wouldn't pay for it to use. But it ain't a yanagiba and all his talk of being innovative was hilarious given he was in no way innovative.

I'm sure his client loves it. I'm sure it cuts well. But it is what it is and it ain't what it ain't.

I don't know ... that Meglio is only ugly in a "not the prettiest in the room but there's a sudden lack of space in your pants" way :) And flat backsides can have just that absurd effect at times (actually, it does make me wonder, given there are $30 yanagibas that have a urasuki).

Steel is waaaaay overrated—wood is the new steel!

3yY1loA.png
I had to go check this out. These knives start at $440, and go up to $2400!! :bigeek: I actually don't think they're ugly, though. Crazy, maybe, but not ugly.

Hahha. I love his decry of innovation.... with nothing innovative about it.

Offset handle - been done before.
High end damascus steel yanagi - done before.
Flat backside - done on super cheap yanagis
Off the shelf heat treat...

Like I don't actually move the shape aesthetically. Probably wouldn't pay for it to use. But it ain't a yanagiba and all his talk of being innovative was hilarious given he was in no way innovative.

I'm sure his client loves it. I'm sure it cuts well. But it is what it is and it ain't what it ain't.

They also offer a "Stone Washed Santoku"!! :laugh: It's not especially ugly, but it is hilarious!

EDIT: It's not especially attractive, either, just to be clear.

If they took all those funny groves off the blade, I would consider it useable. Never have understood the point of groves, scallops etc. above the edge. On the original English Grantons they were part of the cutting edge.

I thought that looked like an Outdoor Edge knife and it was when I checked. Nothing to do with France. Not to my taste but it is a neck carry sheath knife, not a kitchen blade.

I hesitated to post this knife here because in a certain way it's kinda cool. The damascus pattern is really nice actually. But all the disparate elements thrown together make the total package kinda ugly. Those of you who recognize the background will know which retailer has this for sale.

97027_1_b.jpg

97027_3_b.jpg

Kitchen sink handle aside, what's the purpose of the hollowed out spine?

Latest posts

Back