Unpopular opinions

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A brownie is just something made of chocolate that is in between cake and fudge. If Europeans can't figure out how to to make that taste good then you aren't as good a cooks as I assumed.
Every brownie I’ve had has been here in USA.
Europeans ime don’t bother trying to fix a broken recipe; they’ve got better ones.
I’d have to try those. If they’re mistakable for the ones from Safeway or a coffee place, I have officially outlived civilization.

Trying to read Youtube comments supports the same conclusion. That was my first run-in with illiteracy as the norm.

Europeans ime don’t bother trying to fix a broken recipe; they’ve got better ones.

I’d have to try those. If they’re mistakable for the ones from Safeway or a coffee place, I have officially outlived civilization.
I've never seen these in a French supermarket (and from a quick internet search, it seems it doesn't exist in france). That brand makes mostly american bread here (and even then I don't choose that brand). They look good but they look more like a chocolate spongish cake with a chocolate filling rather than a brownie.
1715463377144.png

We have these mostly as brownie. I know they are quite popular but I'm not a fan. There are countless better options out there imo

Brownies are chocolate made awful.
Brownies are dog biscuits for kids.
This is unpopular for me. I picked up 3 sick ladies from the airport. Janice & friend are at the house unable to travel or go anywhere until symptoms are gone. I'm preparing all the meals, going to the store to get miso for noodles & soup other stuff for couple sick gals. :oops:
Can't be that much of a problem. By my count you've already got rid of one of them. Not asking how.

If you want brownies that don't suck make them yourself. Pretty much every commercial one will suck because they'll add too much flour, too little chocolate and overcook them for shelf stability,

If you want brownies that don't suck make them yourself. Pretty much every commercial one will suck because they'll add too much flour, too little chocolate and overcook them for shelf stability,
Most of the brownies i’ve had were homemade. Half of them not from a box. My opinion about them is a minority one judging by the fact that the brownies went pretty fast.

My negative opinion of coffee (and anything with even a little coffee flavor) is also quite in the minority, but like the one about brownies has held through steady testing. I speak only for and about myself.

I find it impossible to dislike the humble brownie, an iconic American delight, popular the world over. Perfect food for a chocolaty sugar rush on the run, variations galore on the treat. The simplicity of brownie recipes makes it a home cook go-to, whereas I don’t personally know any home cooks who make chocolate croissants.
My favorite brownies are the homemade ones, either totally from scratch, or outta an instant mix box (see Betty Crocker).
IMG_2784.jpeg

How on earth can people need an instant box for brownies... it's one of the simplest things you can bake.
That's just as silly as how they sell 'pancake mix' here. 😐

How on earth can people need an instant box for brownies... it's one of the simplest things you can bake.
I grew up on pancake mix. Now I make’m from scratch. Nice hack: I replace the oil in the batter with melted butter.

I could use this to launch into a jeremiad against syrup, but I will leave that as an exercise to the reader.

I’d rather have people cook from instant mixes than not cook at all—Bisquik is a happy compromise for pancakes.
Some don’t have the time to make things from scratch.
FWIW, Jiffy makes a very good cornbread—just add an egg and milk, …and gussy it up by adding cheese, jalapeno, bacon.
IMG_2786.jpeg

But I do conquer that coffee should taste like coffee and shouldn’t be a flavour in chocolate or other sweets

Back