Uses for 1200 Atoma, Experience Ordering from Metalmaster?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I've not heard of anyone that didn't eventually receive their order but ...
Really?
Have you read the entire thread? It seems there is a few who has not recieved their order.....
Eg post #50 from krx927: "I was really patient and I waited 2 months for delivery."

I've been reading for a few years now. Kinda cool. I've even learned comprehension

The only ones that did not receive their order are those that terminated on their own - and they received refunds.

I would draw you a picture if I could but we won't get into that till next year.

As my order was not too expensive, I was determined to let it go indefinitely to see what happened. The tracking number was useless and at some point it said expired or something like that. My stuff eventually arrived and I'm happy with what I got. I am not turned off by the experience as it pretty much went as expected except for the tracking number telling me to pound sand. I will purchase from MM again.

Yeah I ordered a stone on Nov 19-20th? and got it today, Dec 24th. It only required one email, after about 3 weeks to inquire about my order as I had not heard anything about it being shipped after initial confirmation. Turns out he'd forgot completely and sent it a day or two later by EMS with refunded shipping. From my experience Takeshi is trustworthy, just requires a bit of patience as he's not the speediest or most contactable vendor.
On the plus side, the stone I got seems to be a gem! For what its worth, I would also order from him again. I definitely recommend EMS to any prospective buyers, just for peace of mind.

Yeah I ordered a stone on Nov 19-20th? and got it today, Dec 24th. It only required one email, after about 3 weeks to inquire about my order as I had not heard anything about it being shipped after initial confirmation. Turns out he'd forgot completely and sent it a day or two later by EMS with refunded shipping. From my experience Takeshi is trustworthy, just requires a bit of patience as he's not the speediest or most contactable vendor.
On the plus side, the stone I got seems to be a gem! For what its worth, I would also order from him again. I definitely recommend EMS to any prospective buyers, just for peace of mind.

What's the stone?

I've never waited that long from him. But it's almost as if he's trying to build up the mystery - will it come? when? what will it be like?

Having watched him for some time, I think he buys stock, posts, sells and sends it when he has a bit of time, but there could be gaps in between

It'll be interesting to see, I placed 2 orders over 2 days. The first said it shipped 2 days ago...pretty quick actually...be curious when the second ships.

I've never waited that long from him. But it's almost as if he's trying to build up the mystery - will it come? when? what will it be like?

Having watched him for some time, I think he buys stock, posts, sells and sends it when he has a bit of time, but there could be gaps in between

I agree, it has the feel of a side business. He's older I believe (though I'm not certain..?), but if so, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a retirement gig for him.

And Sev, it was one of his black renge ohira suita- http://www.metalmaster-ww.com/product/678

I was a bit hesitant at the price for its relative shortness, just 155mm or so, but its wide and fairly tall so its pretty solid. Kicked up a slurry from a scandi-ground woods knife I happened to have on hand (13c27 steel) with about 5 strokes and left a great edge and polish. Can't feel the lines at all.

I imagine it will take a bit more time for knives without the wide bevels. Whenever I get in the ohira suita I snagged from Asteger's sale, I plan on doing a comparison between the 4-5 ohiras that I will have on hand. I'll try and post some pictures and observations afterwards.

I always had a a positive experience with MetalMaster.

@daveb your comment is so lovely you can frame it and put it on the wall ;)
Patience.. yeaaah .. its hard but its there!

Seeya Daniel

The only ones that did not receive their order are those that terminated on their own - and they received refunds.

I guess that e-mailing questions if the item is shipped is counted as terminating then. 'cause thats what I did - asked about shipping, and then the order was cancelled by Metal Master. And I did get my refund.

:)

Sounds like a real amateur to me.

Then you should probably not order from him.

MM offers a few things not available elsewhere, and he's a few bucks cheaper on most products.

His slow shipping and or lack of communication should be no surprise to anyone that does any due diligence.

I've said before that his business model does not work for me. It does though work for many.

Back