What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AA5824C2-A159-4DC6-BFAB-5498865A808E.jpeg

New guy here, but I do love my music. The music is essential in the studio. Temperance Movement and Bishop Gunn are in high rotation right now.

These two together! Alone they are great but together is something else...
Emmy Lou has an absolutely beautiful voice. I love listening to her. And Knopfler is an exceptional guitar player. And that distinctive voice. Liked him better with DS cuz I’m not too country. But you are right ,they are really good together.

The first song I managed on the drums, later the guitar as well. Never really was much of a singer…

Slightly off topic but is anyone aware of James Taylor concert recordings from the 70s that are worth tracking down?

I am shocked there hasn't been more effort made to put them out. For as much as I love Taylor, and I really do, his studio albums were always far too produced for me.

Slightly off topic but is anyone aware of James Taylor concert recordings from the 70s that are worth tracking down?

I am shocked there hasn't been more effort made to put them out. For as much as I love Taylor, and I really do, his studio albums were always far too produced for me.
I don't know any, but FWIW; follow the money....search discogs for James Taylor and sort with highest price first in the live albums you're interested in after selecting the format you want, that usually cuts right through the weeds to the rarest and/or best recordings/performances.

Last edited:
I’m listening a lot to Gregory Porter, Ben L’Oncle Soul, Leon Bridges, Michael Kiwanuka, Paolo Nutini …

But will let you guys with only two!
Iron Sky, by Paolo Nutini, awesome song!

And one from Gregory Porter, Mister Holand!

Last edited:
Back