What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do I spot a trend there?

perhaps a bit of this for counterweight, over a thousand year old music that sounds as modern classsical at times.

Homework, Mahler 3rd in preparation for a concert later this week, our new conductor Klaus Makkala conducting the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestre;
(rarely programmed due to the large outlay and prep required)

Homework, Mahler 3rd in preparation for a concert later this week, our new conductor Klaus Makkala conducting the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestre;
(rarely programmed due to the large outlay and prep required)

Are you an instrumentalist in that orchestra? However you are involved, cheers for you and thanks for being a music maker.

consider yourself lucky I'm not an instrumentalist or a music maker ;-)
My reference to homework was to make clear I need to refresh my memory in preparation of the concert as it has been a while that I listened to it.
My presence is purely as audience, come to think of it; I suspect the orchestra members have been rehearsing for a while now, there are three performances of Mahler 3rd this week and rehearsing can take quite some time (women choir, children's choir, full orchestra with additional players).

I suspect it'll be great, the RCO has Mahler in its DNA through a long history and direct involvement with the composer. I count myself lucky for that and the concert hall they perform in!

WOW, I'm stunned, Mahlers third became an epic journey with twists and turns I never perceived as such yet were on the spot....Never heard the large drum roll through a concert hall, much like a Taiko drum, Trombones and brass with so much sparling colors and authority and a soprano and choirs that were so great for Mahlers work.

Interesting that nobody seems to have posted anything from Salvatore Ganacci.

Myself included.

Last edited:
I'm still baffled....by the piece by Peteris Vasks Lonely Angel, performed live by Daniel Rowland and Maja Bogdanovic , they should have warned to bring tissues..wow

I've heard some great performances in my life but this was outer worldly, a hint of todays performance (which was OFF the chart!)
edit: the piece is also stellar

Last edited:
Back