What are we listening to lately?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Van Morrison (These are the days) and Robin Trower (I want to take you with me).

It's mellowing me out as the weekend comes to a close............

Looking for some recommendations for Alt-Country bands..
ones I like are Drive by Truckers...Whisky Meyers... Tournpike troubadours...Cody Jinks..among many others....name some you guys love...

The Devil Makes Three, Lucero, Todd Snider, Old 97's, Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt, Old Crow Medicine Show, Hank 3, Colter Wall, Tyler Childers, Hayes Carll, Steve Earle, Justin Townes Earle, The Bottle Rockets, Lost Dog Street Band, etc. I tend to love anything where outlaw country, bluegrass, Americana, folk, and punk have a chance of crossing on a venn diagram.

I had lunch in montreux, a couple of weeks ago - saw Freddie Mercury statue there, and this song was inspired and composed While DP was in Monteeux

and something else, one of the earliest palatable stereo recording I know of, on a magnetophon in 1944...how come they screw up so many recordings nowadays

O and let's not forget the determination of orchester and public to keep playing while flak is shooting...

Last edited:
Thanks for this Juice! What a great performance!
This song has fascinated me forever, and this version is just killer. I just love the way the guitar is used across this track, it's so different and all-encompassing. Nothing else like it. And the playing is impressive in its own right, not just because it's unusual. The dynamic control and the drive control is amazingly good.

Great song - great way to remember Eddie RIP
This is easily my fav track off the album, and I've listened to it thousands of times since buying the album not long after release. I'm a huge Sammy fan, and this just works so well, just great live rock'n'roll. I love live so much.

Although, the Wikipedia entry on that point is REALLY interesting 🙃

nah, no social media for me so I'm listening to this:

Apparat is one of my fav male vocalists, and I love the group of artists he's involved with that work with each other to make kickass music!

That 1944 recording was haunting as heck BTW.

Last edited:
I never rebought all my Dire Straights albums when I ditched vinyl years ago, so decided to pick up the boxset they just put out..
IMG_1216.jpg

Back