what are you drinking tonight?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you know there's also a Japanese version of Sideways?I assume you guys are talking about the original Paul Giamatti movie
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/saidoweizu
Interesting to see a reversal of the usual direction of script appropriation.
I just had to google that, it sounds so cool - and the name Saidoweizu makes it even better :) Would love to see the japanese version of Miles/Paul Giamatti, he does such a super version of dark melancholy.

George Dickel 15 yr single barrel - cask strength.

This is pretty impressive, very smooth...

We had a Catena Cab Franc the other night. I forget the year but prob very recent, 2018 or 2019. Very good. Their malbec is good too. Good QPR. Quality to Price Ratio:)

Elijah Craig small batch bourbon, a little too sweet for my taste. Definitely a sippin whiskey, make it last a while or it will over take you.

Chianti ❤️ Salami

E6F5050D-BEB3-4717-BABA-0DC10C69CC5C.jpeg

great idea^

Will do similar, some Ribeira de Duro red, some salami and cheese, some hyacinth bulbs in oil (new to me, interesting texture) etc.

Bublish from Loire - Vouvray 👍
And savagnin from Jura, domaine du Pelican 👍

A3DEA257-CF50-4784-8D40-99695E0C7B47.jpeg

E7AB1F4C-20C8-4061-A54E-E2EEADEB339E.jpeg

Continuing the Jura track with a Trousseau Arbois - light and lovely.

7C092EA0-F0B5-4A74-B670-351C8CC3CEE3.jpeg

Morgon, Cote du Py from Foillard in the glass today. Young, sure, but why wait when it’s soo good now. Asked for a salami I haven’t tried at my deli today, and they threw me a curve ball - lighly smoked with compté cheese inside 🤔 Different to what I’m used to, but fine still.

7F444A5C-EBC8-4C07-807A-6564B4E60097.jpeg

I love the Salami's with funky cheese to death! Add a splash or two of great red wine and I'm in heaven!

I always wondered, my experience is that the thinner the slices the better the taste of the Salami comes out (there is a lower limit of course) and I'm curious to see how others experience that.

I love the Salami's with funky cheese to death! Add a splash or two of great red wine and I'm in heaven!

I always wondered, my experience is that the thinner the slices the better the taste of the Salami comes out (there is a lower limit of course) and I'm curious to see how others experience that.
I always cut salami thin, but that’s just because I like cutting stuff up :)

Special celebration? Vintage champagne and lots more classics..
For me it would have been a very special celebration, I have nothing even close to the vintage champagne we had yesterday, but for the two guys who brought all the old stuff it’s just another day really. That’s how they drink.

Paper plane. Later..... pepto and Tylenol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 5
LOL
did you get the ratio correct? I once had a G and T made by a famous bartender, his secret turned out to be a 9 to 1 G to T ratio 😁

5986295F-3329-4937-9CC9-BB372510F493.jpeg

Dinner prep, there’s a rib-eye & fingerling potato’s just off to the left. Just had to snap a pic. This knife is probably my favorite! Drink is a gold rush…

I think Four Roses is a nice Kentucky Bourbon. I just scored an Elmer T Lee bottle of Bourbon. I was on a list for special bottles. I get maybe 1 bottle per year. Last year I did not get one.

IMG_0373.jpg

Back