What do you have on your wrist?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
39646183oi.jpeg
Haven't gotten mine sized yet, its a classic.

IWC Portugieser is a stunning design. Always wanted it, especially now with the new movements. The only issue with it is the pathetic 3 bar water resistance, barely can wash your hands in the sink without being afraid. But definitely a stunner. You guys have a great taste in watches.

IWC Portugieser is a stunning design. Always wanted it, especially now with the new movements. The only issue with it is the pathetic 3 bar water resistance, barely can wash your hands in the sink without being afraid. But definitely a stunner. You guys have a great taste in watches.
I agree, thats why I have my Submariners when I dive. It's a dressy watch for me.

Can't go wrong with a classic Speedy

funny thing is that I didn’t really like it for a long time .... a certain Austrian knife maker with a thing for “screwing” handles is a big fan of the Speedy and Kind of slowly eroded my opposition to the watch to a point that I bought it sight unseen (was used) when a good deal presented itself.

Been in love since holding it for the first time. I think I now found the three watches I’ll keep. But then again: I said that about knives at some point 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

Still wearing a late 70s Seiko -- right now it's a 7009 I think. Needs to be serviced, probably this winter when I don't have outside things to do.

I tend to beat watches to death so I stick with the tough ones in stainless cases.

I'm shopping on the cheaper end of the market for a watch for my girlfriend right now. She's not into this, just want a nice watch, and she's none too careful neither. If you guys have any suggestion of what is well made at a very decent price, have at it.

Otherwise I think I'm starting to see why the love for watches... Been browsing them for two days, and the more I look at various hands, the more I see knives geometry :p ... That one a laser, oh this one is even worse than my Moritaka... and look at that one, ain't that the most perfect convex grind you could possibly imagine, and the choil seems perfectly rounded and smooth.

Latest posts

Back