Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Mucho Bocho if american chinese food was, as most sources claim, invented by chinese immigrants in america (for their own use AND business)... doesn't that make it a form of chinese food? Strictly speaking, we'd have to call Döner Kebap a German and not a Turkish food otherwise :)

I had a Hawaiian feast pizza in a pizzeria called freshslice pizza.It was really tasty and I have been planing on trying to make it at home.I bought all the ingredients needed for the topping - tomato sauce,mozzarella,bacon,ham,pineapple and cheddar.IF all goes well I will be having a feast tonight :)

As long as you don't order that in Hawaii, you will be fine ;)

Stefan

I think in some regions "tomato sauce" is used as a name for "stewed tomato puree in a can" as opposed to "ready to eat sauce"?

So you proved by your grandmother there's no reason to feel inauthentic if going for a raisin and caraway overload in a soda bread? :) That is great news!

Love this simple recipe ... grind it all up ... Tomatillo's have a rather high level of pectin so once the salsa cools it congeals / just stir before use ...

Add a bit of roasted garlic, cilantro, green onion, chipotley en adobo, season and voila ... instant yummy ...

Works well for anything ... IMO

TjA

Drunk off my ass but I really wanted some Danish vanilla butter cookies.

391edca30a9e4dea1e3a.png

They tasted really great. Cheers.

I'm normally not nearly that motivated when I'm drunk. The best I can do is barbecue which consists mainly of keeping a fire. Baking is a bridge too far. Looks great!

Got a batch of sauerkraut on the go recently…
B7701069-D6D8-4005-B352-9B516B0D360F_zpsbatz7ix6.jpg

9DCF15A5-75CC-4277-A8C4-52D13159B4BA_zpsoz2cpoos.jpg

C7ECD6E4-4B58-4CB2-A8D4-5F73A8F1130D_zpsaswlydhi.jpg

I've significantly increased production since the last time I posted about sauerkraut (in this thread http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/24947-Lacto-fermentation-Sauerkraut), so now I only have to do two batches and it'll last all year for myself and friends&family.

In this current batch there's about 35kg of cabbage which fills the giant 18x26x15 21.5gal Rubbermaid Carb-X food box (near identical to Cambro) which then compacts to fit in the 20L, 10L and 5L fermentation crocks (made in Czech Republic). Also included a pic of the more common 12x18x9 food box for size reference (which I believe is the SV standard) and because I had to remove some shredded cabbage to have room to mix in the larger one. I'm about two weeks ferment time, so in another week or so I'll be jarring it up and starting on batch 2 of 2 which will be with green cabbage this time.

Well compared to the previous post I seem like a slacker...

BUT - oven roasted some butternut squash and finished in a deep chef's skillet with some browned sage butter.

Now I adore squash in all it's forms. My 14yo daughter Hates it with a passion but she has to eat some. She cleaned her plate today and looked me and said "Mom, if you make squash in the future this is the only way you're allowed to make it"

So I ask her back if it was acceptable. She gives me the teen roll of the eyes and says "No, I actually liked it."

VICTORY!!! I'll take it. DH went back for seconds so I'll say this is staying in the rotation.:doublethumbsup:

Got a batch of sauerkraut on the go recently…
B7701069-D6D8-4005-B352-9B516B0D360F_zpsbatz7ix6.jpg

9DCF15A5-75CC-4277-A8C4-52D13159B4BA_zpsoz2cpoos.jpg

C7ECD6E4-4B58-4CB2-A8D4-5F73A8F1130D_zpsaswlydhi.jpg

I've significantly increased production since the last time I posted about sauerkraut (in this thread http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/24947-Lacto-fermentation-Sauerkraut), so now I only have to do two batches and it'll last all year for myself and friends&family.

In this current batch there's about 35kg of cabbage which fills the giant 18x26x15 21.5gal Rubbermaid Carb-X food box (near identical to Cambro) which then compacts to fit in the 20L, 10L and 5L fermentation crocks (made in Czech Republic). Also included a pic of the more common 12x18x9 food box for size reference (which I believe is the SV standard) and because I had to remove some shredded cabbage to have room to mix in the larger one. I'm about two weeks ferment time, so in another week or so I'll be jarring it up and starting on batch 2 of 2 which will be with green cabbage this time.

This is so frickin cool dude

Look we've got to get together this year and pickle some stuff if I get my poop in a group re shio Koji

This is so frickin cool dude

Look we've got to get together this year and pickle some stuff if I get my poop in a group re shio Koji

Sounds like a plan, I recently finished jarring up this batch and have to start a second of green cabbage. I usually pack they crocks up during spring/summer because it's too warm to get good fermentation but maybe we can try something.

Here's a pic of the yield… pretty much 32 1L jars
D6273673-CE14-45A3-A673-E5CD8E635185_zpsjvodhcxc.jpg

I made bread and butter pickles again. They weren't as good as last time despite the exact same preparation method and measured ingredients.

Maybe the cucumbers were not as fresh or something. In any case, it seems I will just have to make some ravioli, ravioli.

By the way, what's the best method for curing trench foot? I tried pink salt but it didn't work.

Sounds like a plan, I recently finished jarring up this batch and have to start a second of green cabbage. I usually pack they crocks up during spring/summer because it's too warm to get good fermentation but maybe we can try something.

Here's a pic of the yield… pretty much 32 1L jars

If you wanted to get some temp control you could try to do it cheap homebrew way - put the crock in a big plastic bucket, put water in part of the depth, and rotate 2L bottles of water from the freezer to the water around the crock.

#beef #wagyu #ribeye #blacktrumpet #mushrooms #scallops #u10 #Texas

Surf and turf
16 ounce wagyu beef ribeye cooked medium rare
U10 sized scallops
Blacktrumpet mushrooms
Baby yukons
Rice vinegar pickled kale

www.instagram.com/trilbyrouxt/

Back