Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it’s a southern thing, but do you ienjoy boiled peanuts, it’s harvest time here in North Florida and south Georgia, this 10 pound bag will hit the boiling water in the morning

Attachments

• F7522933-5622-4260-A977-E56DD6B50DEC.jpeg
    F7522933-5622-4260-A977-E56DD6B50DEC.jpeg
    339.8 KB · Views: 11
I know it’s a southern thing, but do you ienjoy boiled peanuts, it’s harvest time here in North Florida and south Georgia, this 10 pound bag will hit the boiling water in the morning
Very popular in Hawaii, an old school local favorite there, grew up eating it. Yes, a Southern thing—Hawaii is the southernmost state in the USA.

Lunch - chaffles with reheated leftovers from the OysterBlade stew. Have I mentioned I love leftovers?
XH1A5162.jpg

Dinner - lamb roast again, this time done without rosemary, due to complete laziness and thus not walking outside the building to get the rosemary growing out there.

XH1A5155.jpg
XH1A5168.jpg
XH1A5170.jpg
XH1A5171.jpg
XH1A5173.jpg
XH1A5176.jpg
XH1A5182.jpg

And some chopped up pumpkin, ready to be roasted to become pumpkin soup.
XH1A5156.jpg

Impromptu steak donburi composed of leftover Jamaican Jerk London Broil, beni-shoga (pickled ginger), furikake, basmati rice, kishibori shoyu.

What do you pickle the beni-shoga in? Plum vinegar? Is it normal ginger or young ginger?

"Breakfast is whatever you feel like eating for the first meal of the day" - juice 2018
True, that was a concept that was not common back home but I have recently been having some full on dinners for breakfast before going for full day hikes. Big soups, stir fried rice, whatever 😂. But it's still not my go to.

Back