Whats cooking? **** Making something fine and fancy?** Just plain good? Show us!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pineapples looked decent the other day, so I picked one up. Last night I made a dessert I haven't made in ages to cap off a decadent meal, caramelized pineapple, served with Chantilly cream.
I used to work at a restaurant were the pastry chef made the most sublime coconut sorbet, it was light and silky, and completely homogeneous. That sorbet would be the perfect thing to serve with this pineapple, but all my attempts so far to recreate it have flopped. I need to find the right emulsifying agent to prevent the coconut milk from breaking in the ice cream machine, which so far has consistently happened.
carm-pine.jpg

Japanese Cucumber (Kyuri) Salad

View attachment 176667

This is an example of the type of simple dish/meal prep for which I thought I wanted a Petty .
But I preferred using my MAC Pro 8" Chef .
I decided on a standard petty rather than a tall one ; Suisin Inox 150mm .
It's light with perfect balance . Fit and finish is excellent , and I like the grippy handle which I think is handsome .
But using it in various scenarios I think it's too light duty , and not sure about the knuckle clearance , I need to use it more .
Sharpness out of the box , not as good as my MAC Pro .
Maybe in a restaurant kitchen this petty would find a lot of use , but for me as a home cook I'm not sure .

I bought it from Miura Knives on eBay ; They are a distributer in Japan for Suisin .
It shipped the same day by DHL Express .
Excellent packing .

Here is a veggie riff on the old school danish dish Krebinetter. It is usually pork and veal patties that are breaded and fried, but I made cabbage patties instead. Also cooked boiled potatoes and stewed carrot and peas. Proper nostalgia..
IMG_7774.jpg

Last edited:
Greek Style Pork Neck Meat Gyro—variations on a theme.
Fact—my wife doesn’t eat pork, nor any other four legged or winged animal. Therefore, whenever I cook up meat, it's leftovers galore.
Here're five plates featuring the pork neck meat (coppa) gyro I made. My intentions were for a larger plant-based to meat ratio; lower carb, plate composition—all plates could benefit from smaller portions of meat, but it's so darn tasty!

gyro.jpg

FDEFA5C2-8D35-488E-8F79-9BCE11835B5D.jpg

Last edited:
Back