• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Zwilling Kramer Damascus SG-2 6" Chef Knife - brand new

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richard

Reaction score
New, unused Zwilling Kramer Damascus SG-2 6" Chef Knife (note original box not included). 101-layer damascus clad SG-2 blade. Gorgeous and extremely comfortable Kramer Euroline handle made from linen micarta with Kramer mosiac pin.

The street price for this knife is $330, selling for $200 USD (shipping and paypal included within CONUS, inquire for international). May also consider trade requests.

Bump!

I know 6" is very small for a chef knife, but instead one could think of it as a fun prep knife or tall petty. It's a very handsome knife too.

Pretty knife. How does she cut? (I realise you say it's unused, but I'm presuming you've given a spin?)

I have not tried cutting anything with this knife...not even a tomato slice, but I see no reason to not assume that's a very competent workhorse cutter like its other Zwilling Kramer brethren. From outward appearances, the spine is the same thickness as I've experienced on 8" and 10" ZK chef knives, and it is also distal tapered. It is a very pretty knife, and I've been very tempted to play with it and call it mine, but I don't want to risk falling in love with it and add yet another knife to my collection. I can say that I am a big fan of the R2/SG2 steel used in this knife, and I have a number of knives in this steel. Takes a wicked edge, and has excellent edge retention noticeably beyond that of the FC61/AEB-L steel used in the ZK Essential/Meiji lines.

Anyway, I thought I'd try to help find it a good home, since right now shamefully it mostly sits new/unused in my drawer, other than occasionally when I pull it out just to admire its beauty and high level of finish. Let me know if you have any other questions that I can try to answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back