• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Carter White #1 160mm Funayuki ($290)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Refined, yet toothy
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I'm offering up this lovely Carter 160mm Funayuki. I bought the knife from @captaincaed at a killer price from this thread, basically knowing that I couldn't really afford to keep it. It's a great, tough little knife that one can use for a variety of tasks: I've used it on soft and hard produce, to trim meat and to debone chickens, and the edge retention and toughness has been great.

Details

The core is White #1, the cladding is stainless.
Length 160mm
Height 42mm
Weight 119g
Balance point at the top edge of the handle.
Made by Murray Carter. (Not an apprentice.)

Price

I am asking $290, shipped CONUS. This is my standard "price I purchased the knife for, minus $10", so you're getting a great deal thanks to captaincaed. New Carters of this style seem to go for around $550. Here is an example.

Since receiving the knife, I've thinned it a bit behind the edge (nothing major) and sharpened it. It comes with a saya, a saya pin, and Carter's original box.

Pictures

front.jpg
choil.jpg
back.jpg
sayaback.jpg
sayafront.jpg
spine.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there,
If the knife happens to still be available, please PM, I'd love to buy it.
Thanks and good luck with sale.

Here’s a little glamor shot just before I sold it. Excellent utility knife I liquidated because my name came up on a maker’s list and I’m a grad student with limited funds.

I'm a grad student too! Good to see fellow grad students around =) what type of work do you do?

PS Sorry I know this is off-topic

I'm in an engineering department but my research is mostly math and machine learning =)

Lots of people in my dept are getting into neural nets. They’re mostly into the geometry and general theory of them, in a certain sense, rather than any applications, though.

Reactions: dan
Back