Cutting Board Giveaway

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi KKF,

About 10 years ago, I gave up my job as a furniture maker in the pursuit of making a difference in the world and giving back (this was my midlife crisis at 19). I joined the Canadian Army and spent the next decade as a Bomb Disposal Technician. Recently the physical and mental toll became so much that I was no longer able to do the job. As much as that disappoints me, I’ve realized that you don’t have to be in the military to make a difference. Even small deeds in your local community are worth something. And since leaving the military, Kitchen Knife Forums has become one of my favourite communities to be a part of. I’ve enjoyed interacting with and getting to know everybody; from incredible collectors who happen to live right down the street from me, to new friends as far as Tokyo and Hong Kong. So today, I would like to giveback to this community which I love so much.

Community’ is made from black walnut, cherry, and maple. It measures 20” x 12” x 2” and features a two sided juice groove, integral plate cut-out and grain matched plate. This board was designed with the knife enthusiast in mind. It is not meant to be the bright and bold centrepiece of the kitchen, it is a back drop for your beautiful knives. I have chosen these specific woods very intentionally because I feel their properties offer a phenomenal cutting experience for most people and knives.

If you would like to win this cutting board, the giveaway rules are as follows:
  1. Post within this thread that you are “In”
  2. You must have been a member before today
  3. I will track all entries on a spreadsheet and assign each person a number
  4. At 1200 26 Mar 2023 PST I will use a random number generator to select a winner
  5. I will announce the winner immediately following the draw in this thread
  6. I will ship the cutting board anywhere in the world and will cover up to $200 CAD of shipping charges (for reference, New York is about $60 and Tokyo is about $150 so this should cover most of the world).
Lastly and most importantly, thank you for being such a fantastic community.

Sincerely,
Luke

Cutting Board: 'Community'
Wood: Missouri Black Walnut, Two-Tone Cherry, Canadian Maple
Dimensions: 20” x 12” x 2” (50cm x 30cm x 5cm)
Hardware: Stainless Steel, Rubber

DSC03194.jpg
DSC03178.jpg
DSC03206.jpg
DSC03203.jpg

P.S. This is my first giveaway on here so please bear with me if I mess something up or I'm not doing this quite right. I'm working closely with the Admin team to do my best to do this properly.

Edit: Sorry, I'm out.

This is still a very very generous offer and your work seems wonderful, but shipping and import taxes would probably be prohibitive for me so it's better it goes to someone else. :)

(Mod is free to delete this posting if suitable).

Last edited:
Back