Cutting Knife Skills and Technique Videos

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stringer, your videos are great. I filmed this a couple days ago... so it's redundant now. My take on carrots, just sharing my basic technique. Mostly a push cut type o guy. Cheapo blade, got as gift, kinda like it though except for the handle. I advise thin-ish knives for carrots (not necessarily lasers tho).

I really liked how the cutting board moved closer to the camera with each cut at 1:11. Really heightened the drama! Nice vid.

Got a fridge full of food right now but this makes me want to cut stuff

Haha I'm a noob, I forgot to put a towel down but kept filming. This is my first time sharing a video. Pointers welcome. I figure many of us don't love dicing them, but I'd show how I do it. I only dice carrots at work, really... We'll, since my blender is meh, I fine-dice everything if I'm making something that needs to be superrrr smooth.

Here's two of the methods I mentioned in the tomato thread for dicing tomatoes. The first one I slice then dice the whole thing. The second one I cut the skins off, discard the seeds and pulp and then dice.

I made the tomato thread to see how people do it, turns out most of us just do this. Thanks for the video though! I love the idea

I'll do a couple right now. I'm getting ready to cut some fruit. I do have a bunch of random cutting, sharpening, knife testing, and razor videos from over the years on my YouTube channel.
garfilo1

Once my next wave of knives is here I'll add to the wedging thread with some sweet potatos (I don't use carrots at home) and demonstrate keeping your wrist loose on harder produce to reduce/eliminate breakage and cracking.

I tend to peel oranges mangoes grapefruits ‘apple style’, single long peel. With a sharp knife (butcher!) this is really quick with minimal fruit loss (is that a word?).
Downside: dirty/wet/sticky hands and knife.

Sorry for the crappy videos but this is me filleting a Murray cod at work. The Murray cod is a fresh water fish with medium to soft flesh with the skin can go really crispy when cooked. It is one of the nicer tasting and consistent fish (farmed) you can find in Australia. Knife used was a suisin 180 innox honyaki. Enjoy!

Sorry for the crappy videos but this is me filleting a Murray cod at work. The Murray cod is a fresh water fish with medium to soft flesh with the skin can go really crispy when cooked. It is one of the nicer tasting and consistent fish (farmed) you can find in Australia. Knife used was a suisin 180 innox honyaki. Enjoy!

I cant see the videos.

Back