Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1700347110743.jpeg

Deciding on my weapon of choice. 22# of onions to be prepped for a pot of onion soup. About now I wish I had pro level speed
View attachment 283125
My record for julienne is 17 minutes including cleanup for a 50# bag - get after it!

I miss doing case races with my cooks back when I actually was in the kitchen all day everyday

My record for julienne is 17 minutes including cleanup for a 50# bag - get after it!

I miss doing case races with my cooks back when I actually was in the kitchen all day everyday

In the header to this recipe, Matty Matheson claims to prepping a bag of onions in 10 minutes. Doesn't say to what point though.

Took me about 30 minutes to peel the onions. I just can't get the hang of peeling the onions with a knife. Just too damn slow.

Probably heresy to say it here, but I think if you were to be doing such large volumes on a regular basis for soup, the solution isn't better knife skills, but a food processor. :p

How's your long-term experience with that IKEA kungsfors system? Pros and cons?
I really like the Kungsfors system. However, I replaced the metal magnetic strips. I used them to build the strips that hang on the refrigerator. The only thing that's annoying is the dust when you clean it 🤣
IMG_2605.JPG
IMG_2604.JPG
Edit: perfect storage room for me.
IMG_2607.JPG

Last edited:
No chemical bluing agents involved. I used a technique called rust bluing that I’ve been playing with for awhile.
That's an impressive transformation. Would you mind sharing the bluing solution that you used and did you use any steel wool to clean up the oxide after immersing the blade in boiling water?

Back