Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TF Western Denka, red handle, 244 / 54 / 253g. Got this knife from a very kind person here on KKF - thank you so much!

46623089tj.jpeg

46623090iw.jpeg

What are the grinds like on these? (they look pretty clean here)
They are all bit different. Tetsujin is what you'd expect from Myojin, subtlety convexed full grind. Tangetsu is symmetrical wide bevel with concave bevel, very thin. Tadokoro is asymmetrical, right side is gently convex with faux wide bevel while left side is flat true wide bevel.

Hatsukokoro Yoake 240. I keep hearing folks talking about the (lack of) fit and finish but I must have gotten a great example from Tokushu (thanks zach for picking a good one!). this one is also a monster lol coming in at over 8mm at the base and tapering down from
there. Honestly I love that it’s Blue 1 and the size, weight and thickness just makes it feel like a tank.
62haXNw.jpg
dw7MoRu.jpg
NsKQGoo.jpg
U5WwqqH.jpg

Hatsukokoro Yoake 240. I keep hearing folks talking about the (lack of) fit and finish but I must have gotten a great example from Tokushu (thanks zach for picking a good one!). this one is also a monster lol coming in at over 8mm at the base and tapering down from
there. Honestly I love that it’s Blue 1 and the size, weight and thickness just makes it feel like a tank.
62haXNw.jpg
dw7MoRu.jpg
NsKQGoo.jpg
U5WwqqH.jpg
This is the newer batch of the Yoake. The fit and finish is nicer and cleaner than the first ones that had been released. Solid pick up. I love using both of my Yoake’s at work.

Back