Daily Knife Pics. Any Knife. Join In!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rehandled my Wakui with one of @KasumiJLA ’s lovely pieces and I couldn’t be happier. The pheasant wood feels incredibly warm and lively and I feel the wood grain complements the damascus nicely. Couldn’t recommend his work more and can't wait to commission another (if he hasn't been traumatized by how difficult I am).

IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1587.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice knife from Erick Gullikson. It took the number one spot for best cutters that I own. I thought I wasn’t a fan of the tall gyutos but I guess I was wrong. I also really dig the 2 stage tip.

Edge Length: 240mm
Spine Heel: 4.7mm
Spine Mid: 2.5mm
Spine Tip (20mm before): 0.6mm
Blade Height: 67mm
Weight: 248g

1708891664196.jpeg

Rehandled my Wakui with one of @KasumiJLA ’s lovely pieces and I couldn’t be happier. The pheasant wood feels incredibly warm and lively and I feel the wood grain complements the damascus nicely. Couldn’t recommend his work more and can't wait to commission another (if he hasn't been traumatized by how difficult I am).

View attachment 302875
View attachment 302876

Very nice knife from Erick Gullikson. It took the number one spot for best cutters that I own. I thought I wasn’t a fan of the tall gyutos but I guess I was wrong. I also really dig the 2 stage tip.

Edge Length: 240mm
Spine Heel: 4.7mm
Spine Mid: 2.5mm
Spine Tip (20mm before): 0.6mm
Blade Height: 67mm
Weight: 248g

View attachment 303089

Both of these are literally perfect handle-blade pairings. 😍

It’s neat how much of the grind can be read off a linear-source reflection. Bit like with the Venetian blinds.
IMG_3840.jpeg

This is a first-gen cousin to
222mmx56mm MagnaCut (63 hrc)
which is probably ground more laser near the edge.

Last outing for a couple of months… next daylight in May!

Last edited:
Unfortunate tip damage on this Birgersson.
1000021178.jpg

1000021177.jpg

So I cracked some elbow grease, snap the bent tip off, and grinded the spine down. Gave the bevels a few hours of work on SG220, SG500, Ouka, and Flitz; changed the hollow low level into a convex low bevel. The thinning was for ease of sharpening, as parts of the edge wasn't getting sharp properly.

I have to say, this knife cuts beautifully now. Spine of a laser, with the food release of a work horse, in a 225g package. Lovely steel and lovely blade.

Back