do you "collect" things other than knives and stones?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love when I'm riding the bike friday, which is a long distance folding touring bike with 20" 36 spoke wheels (the watanabe of wheel sets, if you will), I'll see these guys who lap prospect park in $14,000 carbon bikes with crazy 16 spoke Zipp wheel sets, I get to yell "hey, lose some weight on that thing, get a front wheel like mine!". Don't actually make a whole lot of new friends doing that though...

one funny thing is aerodynamic drag is so much lower on 24 and 20 inchers and lower than on 700c. and similar. so they actually banned it for road racinf in like TDF. yopu would gain maybe 30-40w (drunken speculation) compared to 700c. and if you have a 30-40 advantage you will win the whole fukn tour. its like having twice as much EPO than the other guys. roughly speaking. for the whole tour.

2 years ago i started collecting sh1t for a frame building shop. I would set it up at work. needed a jig to fixate tubes. and so on. Got a tig welder from my father. but in the end it has not materialized.

The first frame i would build would be a steel 20 inch wheel road frame. same trail and steering angle as my lynskey (with 20 inch wheels though) but instead of a very long head tube (like on most 20 inchers) i would employ long fork legs. and also i would not make the bike shorter wheelbase. i would make it similar wheelbase as a 700c one. just smaller wheels everything else same. NO ONE makes this. i guess you can imagine what would have to happen to fit 20 inch wheels and make this works. negative angle chainstays and so on. I would make this. and it would be the fastest bike ever made. by design alone. since i'm using non 700c wheels.

And I think this bike would have been the bestest, most badass, and fastest bike frame ever produced (and ugliest). fairly certain of that. and it would also have been uci illegal. there are many things that are uci illegal. but i feel only this idea is actually worth the illegality. the rest is just minor sh1t. but this is one level up on aerodynamics. a whole fuking level. I dont think i'm the first to realize this though. but there are no products out so??

[QUOTELast year i built up a pretty bad ass colnago master. new production. red metallic/chrome, frame/fork. all black parts. no budget parts.

I also have 2 lynskey ti framed bikes. they ride good too but the nago is so smooth. the lunskeys are close though. I prefer tubes that have anorexia though. for looks.[/QUOTE]

Craig Gaulzetti stripped a brand new Colnago Master with a Campy set up for me and built me a sweet ride on a NOS XL-Eco frame...so light and crisp. Titanium is pretty cool too though, love my custom Seven gravel grinder.

so do you ride a master? or did they strip the parts of it and put it on another bike?? am i misunderstanding things?
afaik masters are frames only. i have never found a master frame prebuilt. and no one would want one. I would have gotten the arabesque frame if it was readily available. but it was not. but my regular one in redmetallic was. so i got that. got it in 4 days. the paint is ****. I have worked ina paint shop for like 10 years and this is very low qual in durability of the paint. it chips basicvally from a leaf falling on it. i will have to strip it soon. and do it properly. those italian jokers :) no ****.....no kidding

Last edited:
I know goddamn well some of you guys are looking at me now and are and saying: that guy inferno is a fukn bike-aholic. and this is not true. not at all. its just silly.
exhibit no1 is that is simply gave away one of my latest and best bikes to my dad. and it was good too. it was good enough for me. i built it for me. you see.
completely harmless hobby. and innocent. and PC. very PC.
Ahhhh, bikes! I've raced bicycles since I was 10 years of age. Used to have 9 different racing bikes not that long ago. Down to three now, sadly. Kids, knives, work - things get in the way I guess. Awesome to see other bike-a-holics on here too.

one funny thing is aerodynamic drag is so much lower on 24 and 20 inchers and lower than on 700c. and similar. so they actually banned it for road racinf in like TDF. yopu would gain maybe 30-40w (drunken speculation) compared to 700c. and if you have a 30-40 advantage you will win the whole fukn tour. its like having twice as much EPO than the other guys. roughly speaking. for the whole tour.

2 years ago i started collecting sh1t for a frame building shop. I would set it up at work. needed a jig to fixate tubes. and so on. Got a tig welder from my father. but in the end it has not materialized.

The first frame i would build would be a steel 20 inch wheel road frame. same trail and steering angle as my lynskey (with 20 inch wheels though) but instead of a very long head tube (like on most 20 inchers) i would employ long fork legs. and also i would not make the bike shorter wheelbase. i would make it similar wheelbase as a 700c one. just smaller wheels everything else same. NO ONE makes this. i guess you can imagine what would have to happen to fit 20 inch wheels and make this works. negative angle chainstays and so on. I would make this. and it would be the fastest bike ever made. by design alone. since i'm using non 700c wheels.

And I think this bike would have been the bestest, most badass, and fastest bike frame ever produced (and ugliest). fairly certain of that. and it would also have been uci illegal. there are many things that are uci illegal. but i feel only this idea is actually worth the illegality. the rest is just minor sh1t. but this is one level up on aerodynamics. a whole fuking level. I dont think i'm the first to realize this though. but there are no products out so??

Inferno, seven makes this and I’m pretty sure there are others too

https://www.sevencycles.com/bikes/mini/mini.php

My bike Friday is very similar but it folds. Excellent for nyc commuting which actually involves navigating elevators with a bicycle

Back