Flipper alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 15 was my favorite too, but finished off my last bottle years ago and expect I'll never have another. Was paying US$60/bottle, those days sure are gone!
There’s a reason the 15 PVW is missing even at the local Liquor Barn

Attachments

• IMG_8030.jpeg
    IMG_8030.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
I hear all this flipper hate but what’d y’all think about bundling? Especially a desirable item with an unpriceable one eg custom?
I personally am a hoarder so never sell anything
I occasionally offer up items that I have duplicates of when someone posts a wtb typically at my cost

Got a day job, don’t need to make profit on a hobby/obsession

I hear all this flipper hate but what’d y’all think about bundling? Especially a desirable item with an unpriceable one eg custom?
I personally am a hoarder so never sell anything
I occasionally offer up items that I have duplicates of when someone posts a wtb typically at my cost

Got a day job, don’t need to make profit on a hobby/obsession
I almost feel as though I should hate the bundling, but I do not. It seems OK to me.

For one thing, I bet it makes it less likely that the most scarce, highly coveted knives wind up in the hands of a flipper.

I almost feel as though I should hate the bundling, but I do not. It seems OK to me.

For one thing, I bet it makes it less likely that the most scarce, highly coveted knives wind up in the hands of a flipper.
90% of the time I see people selling bundled knives, the buyer sells the less desirable knife anyway. Just makes it a hassle and you end up spending more for what you want

What’s the consensus on calling out inconsistencies in a bst post? Handle it in the dms or make it known so others can see it?
You might also consider getting some advice in DMs before you take further action. Get some input from longtime KKF members on your issues before taking them public, assuming you have not already done so

Up to you. If it’s potentially an honest mistake, DMs are probably the way to go. If not, this thread or potentially @ mods if it’s serious. But don’t 💩 on a WTS thread.
Yeah I think the exception is an obvious scammer/hacker.

Sometimes the pitchforks come out and often I am not on the side of the pitchforkers.

Was it the post from the guy who made his account literally one day ago? I forget what knife they were trying to sell but it looks like the post got deleted

Edit: nvmd just on the second page

Oh that’s a good one. Single piece of steel lol. He collects Doi stuff so I thought he had a bit more of an idea what he is doing.

Apparently we know a limit now as that listing was pulled.
Relisted with a price of $2250... GLWS

The made from a single piece of steel thing is funny and just shows seller doesn't know anything about that knives construction let alone its market value. Purdy kanji doesn't add $1500 to the value.

Last edited:
Back