D. Martell Gallery - Re-Handles

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a Kagayaki Gekido R2 Damascus 175mm Santoku with a new handle constructed of dyed box elder burl. :)

*Please excuse the poor picture quality. There was just too much cloud cover.

P1010004.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010014.JPG

P1010018.JPG

P1010019.JPG

P1010022.JPG

You must have magic fairies collecting burl stock for you or something dave. These are awesome. I love that blue burl.

That Gekido Santoku is just simply stunning. Recently I developed a soft spot for dyed woods and this handle is killing it!

That Santoku is another one that reminds me of "Starry Night" absolutely fecking gorgeous Dave

Dave,

I'm trying to get to your store to scope out getting a few of my knives rehandled and get the below. Is it me or are you by chance having web problems?

Hmm, we can't reach this page.
Try this
Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://www.japaneseknifesharpeningstore.com
Refresh the page
Search for what you want

Lack of business had me close the store down. :(

Dave: Camallia oil works great on the blades. What should be uses on your re-handles after some kitchen work to keep them in tip top condition?

My older handles had nothing on them besides wax so that's what works best for them. If the handles have been in the last year or so then they're likely finished with some type of oil (linseed, tung, or a combination of other similar types). For the ones finished with oil there's nothing to do but trying not to scrub the finish away. If you want added protection some wood (not car) wax would be fine.

Am I actually on the list for this? I made some noise about it earlier this year, but I actually just ordered a Dragon, so if I'm not, please definitively put me on! And I'll have to start shopping for scales at BurlSource. :)

Latest posts

Back