Has anyone made "Assassin" spaghetti?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Unconventional, to make spaghetti using risotto techniques, plus deliberate semi-burning, but it looks good to me. Really good.
1684021093431.png

Almost seems like the Italian version of proper Chinese fried noodles, one of my favorite things, when I can afford the carbs.

Anyone made it, or tried it? How is it? Worth making? Any recommended recipes?

More here: Puglia's “Killer” Spaghetti - La Cucina Italiana

Yes, made it twice. It’s not bad, the texture of the noodles is different and is what makes this dish. In the flavour department, it’s much the same as many other tomato-based pasta dishes.

It’s worth giving it a try.

1684021662292.jpeg

Yes, made it twice. It’s not bad, the texture of the noodles is different and is what makes this dish. In the flavour department, it’s much the same as many other tomato-based pasta dishes.
That's a bit disappointing. I am slightly intrigued by the texture difference, but I was hoping that all of that caramelization would transform the flavor, and you'd wind up with something like the scrapings from the side of the lasagna pan.

That's a bit disappointing. I am slightly intrigued by the texture difference, but I was hoping that all of that caramelization would transform the flavor, and you'd wind up with something like the scrapings from the side of the lasagna pan.
There is a little bit of that, yes. Most of the caramelisation is on the noodles; push them a bit further and you'll get more of this, and a darker colour. But there is a fine line between caramelised and burnt noodles…

I'd still say try it out. Your taste may well be not the same as mine. They don't take long to make and, once you've tried them, you'll know whether to do it again and how to change it next time.

Last edited:
Depends on the sauce too. Most recipes I’ve seen use a simple tomato sauce with hot pepper, like an arrabbiata type, but I’ve had good results using a sauce I’ve cooked meat in, or one with some pesto in, etc, because you are also concentrating the flavor by evaporating and absorbing all the water

Back