Heiji direct

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who is the middle knife from?

Honestly, that petty looks perfect 👍🏻

Looks like he’s focusing a lot more now
The middle one from merion forge, a relatively newer knife maker from Czech.
Thank you. I can see that petty to be my daily petty. The geometry is quite spot on actually,slay through garlic. And as a typical heiji the edge is sharp ootb

250 mm Swedish carbon with a Nashiji finish, weighing in also at 250 g.
The grind is very clean and it came very sharp OTB.
It cuts better than anticipated, authoritative and front heavy. It doesn’t exactly cut carrots silently but no explosions and no wedging. Tip comes to a very fine taper. Cladding is pretty reactive as it has already picked up a nice blue after lunch today - chopped salad with hamburger.

Attachments

• 111599C5-E948-472B-960F-D0C5C68D65AD.jpeg
    111599C5-E948-472B-960F-D0C5C68D65AD.jpeg
    510 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1513.jpeg
    IMG_1513.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1514.jpeg
    IMG_1514.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1511.jpeg
    IMG_1511.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Looks nice! How much height at the heel did you end up with? Those handles look great! Where'd you source those?

Ordered a carbon KU nakiri with extra height. Came out about 170x55. Good price even with the extra height surcharge.

He actually originally made one that was 250g. He asked me if I wanted a lighter one, and by the time I replied he said he had a new one forged and rough ground. This one is about 200g

Attachments

• IMG_8654.jpeg
    IMG_8654.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Ordered a carbon KU nakiri with extra height. Came out about 170x55. Good price even with the extra height surcharge.

He actually originally made one that was 250g. He asked me if I wanted a lighter one, and by the time I replied he said he had a new one forged and rough ground. This one is about 200g
I'd love to know how it compares with a Wat Pro or Kochi.

Interesting. How is the grind on this one?

240mmx58.3mmx5.2mm
286g
Iron / swidish fish

I was really surprised he was willing to make these dimensions, he actually made this knife twice

I didn’t know he finished the bevels to this level 🤔 Definitely one of if not the sharpest knife out of the box that I’ve owned

IMG_3341.jpeg
IMG_3340.jpeg
IMG_3338.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve finished reshaping the geometry.

He did a great job! Right side needed work at the heel left side needed work at the tip.

I will say I’m incredibly happy I had all diamond stones for this. I blazed right through everything piece of cake 🤌🏻

Mines seems ok so far, I use it more as a fillet/boning. But I can see the grind probably won’t be as good as a line knife
The choil shot on my 180 petty/suji (190 edge length) looks just like yours. I also had a 270 suji that had the same geometry.

His petty / suji are basically double bevel yanagiba. Not much distal taper and thick everywhere above the shinogi. Pretty thin BTE though. I agree they work well as slicers or filleting/ boning. But not really a versatile line knife.

Ayo ,guys ,such a lovely heji knives u got.

Question; when placing order did u pay upfront whole price ,some order fee ,or when goods are done & ready to ship ? Thanks ,lets heji 💪

Do u think semi stainless gyuto is good choice for my lil bro ? He have thin shirogami petty ,but not pro knife user by any means. He know what not to do ,i seek durable do it all blade fo him. Ty again fellas.

Ayo ,guys ,such a lovely heji knives u got.

Question; when placing order did u pay upfront whole price ,some order fee ,or when goods are done & ready to ship ? Thanks ,lets heji 💪

Do u think semi stainless gyuto is good choice for my lil bro ? He have thin shirogami petty ,but not pro knife user by any means. He know what not to do ,i seek durable do it all blade fo him. Ty again fellas.

the entire amount upfront. but the yen is weak rn, so it's a really good price and time to buy heiji's direct.

Because these sorta have a zero edge and considerably thicker, I wouldn't recommend a Heiji to a first time user. if you still want one for him, just microbevel it as soon as you get it.

the entire amount upfront. but the yen is weak rn, so it's a really good price and time to buy heiji's direct.

Because these sorta have a zero edge and considerably thicker, I wouldn't recommend a Heiji to a first time user. if you still want one for him, just microbevel it as soon as you get it.
Thank you very much🫡

Back