I just watched way too many videos on "hand cut noodles"

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
I ate some a few weekends ago. delicious!! at a restaurant. I lit a fire in me to see if I can crack the code. it looks EASY!! at least the ingredients are easy. the techniques might suck. for instance, I hate kneading dough. hahaha.

you all doing this? home made cut, or hand torn noodles?

I'm gonna head out and buy more flour when I finish my coffee. lets do this!!

I'm not even gonna google Menkiri. hahaha.. (not yet)

but oh...it's happening. (1st rest - 30 minutes). enough time to ponder my sauce.

Attachments

• noodle1.jpg
    noodle1.jpg
    165.1 KB
The dough hook attachment on a KitchenAid stand mixer does a good job of kneading dough. I have the "tilt head" model which is a little underpowered, though it meets my needs; when it fails I'll get a "bowl lift" with a more powerful motor. OTOH i've owned it for almost 20 years and (good news/bad news) it stubbornly refuses to fail, A large quantity of a heavy bread dough (e.g. rye) might overwhelm it, but it can handle pasta; some chefs quantify pasta dough by the number of eggs in a batch, and I've found the KA does 3 eggs without turning a hair.

I ate some a few weekends ago. delicious!! at a restaurant. I lit a fire in me to see if I can crack the code. it looks EASY!! at least the ingredients are easy. the techniques might suck. for instance, I hate kneading dough. hahaha.

you all doing this? home made cut, or hand torn noodles?

I'm gonna head out and buy more flour when I finish my coffee. lets do this!!
what pasta? I regularly make Italian style pasta, easy enough and it's fun to play with 00 and Rimacinato, eggs no eggs. I've never gotten around to making Asian pasta/noodles though.

Last edited:
hahhaha..i sucked. I tried to use my knife on the block and I sucked. did I mention I sucked?. my noodles were good looking but it was a PIA. I rolled it out and made my serving. I cut the noodles way too uniform. the sauce barely clinged (clung?) on the noodles. my final and 3rd batch for leftovers, I cut them uniform and while I was separating them, I mashed them free-style with my fingers. better.

I need that damn tool. I made a quick meat Malay sauce using some lamb.
noodles3 copy.jpg
noodles4 copy.jpg

hahhaha..i sucked. I tried to use my knife on the block and I sucked. did I mention I sucked?. my noodles were good looking but it was a PIA. I rolled it out and made my serving. I cut the noodles way too uniform. the sauce barely clinged (clung?) on the noodles. my final and 3rd batch for leftovers, I cut them uniform and while I was separating them, I mashed them free-style with my fingers. better.

I need that damn tool. I made a quick meat Malay sauce using some lamb. View attachment 190747View attachment 190748
somehow, I knew that was coming, so I wanted to be there for the show :D

Back