japanese knife imports sold out???

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh dude? I got a wusthof 9" carbon steel chefs knife and a blue steel nakiri forged by and infused with tosa craftsmen spirits!

Suspicious-Fry.jpg

I like it because it's the only one they sell that will get all antique cloudy gray. It's also the only knife I have that was capable of splitting a hard woody outer skin cured summer squash. The nakari seems a bit sharper but not as hefty/powerful I suppose.

have been noticing most stores selling out these days! The kagekiyos looks nice imo. anyone have one?

Kochis stainless clad core steel sharpens quick and has good toughness and ok retention. It reminds me of nicer heat treated wh2 but I have no idea what steel it actually might be.

Kochis stainless clad core steel sharpens quick and has good toughness and ok retention. It reminds me of nicer heat treated wh2 but I have no idea what steel it actually might be.

examples of "nicer" heat treated white #2s?

have been noticing most stores selling out these days! The kagekiyos looks nice imo. anyone have one?

yup, 270wa in blue 1. best performing knife I've ever used....and stunning style and workmanship.

I have one of the ginsanko 240 gyuto and really like it. It's the thinnest behind the edge of any knife I've used or owned to date, but I haven't had any issues with chipping or the like.

The handle and saya are both wonderfully finished, as is the blade-great fit and finish all around.

Back