KitchenKnifeForums: A Boulevard of Broken BST

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So anyway, who's got some pictures of overgrinds?
Sorry, no overgrinds. How about some beautiful blue patina?
blue2.jpg

They are here with the only mission to stir drama, man! I have not seen a single post of them where sharing knowledge, selling/buying knives and non-knives, or reccommending others when they need ideas. The only thing I saw from them was screenshots of this user and that user that did this wrong and didn’t do this right. So yeah, better without them. I could care less about their “respect”. They’re useless here!
I don't think the forum rules state people have to be useful in order to exist in this space.

They are here with the only mission to stir drama, man! I have not seen a single post of them where sharing knowledge, selling/buying knives and non-knives, or reccommending others when they need ideas. The only thing I saw from them was screenshots of this user and that user that did this wrong and didn’t do this right. So yeah, better without them. I could care less about their “respect”. They’re useless here!

Ok, I don't think that's true, and even if it was that's not grounds for a ban. Edit: oh, ya, what @daveb said.

Maybe true maybe not, that’s been my observation since this “Reddit” thing started, man.

If you go to someone's profile, you can see all their posts since the beginning of time. IronBalloon's mostly just contributed to this thread (which, I repeat, is fine), but DrEriksson's been around for a while and has contributed just as much to the forum as many members.

If you go to someone's profile, you can see all their posts since the beginning of time. IronBalloon's mostly just contributed to this thread (which, I repeat, is fine), but DrEriksson's been around for a while and has contributed just as much to the forum as many members.
I do respect that and that’s how they should have kept it. But looks like they were too bored. Just so you know, they banned a lot of people for no single reason on their platform. So they got a taste of their own medicine if this is the case.

I do respect that and that’s how they should have kept it. But looks like they were too bored. Just so you know, they banned a lot of people for no single reason on their platform. So they got a taste of their own medicine if this is the case.

do yourself a favor and let it go.

nothing will be gained by relitigating reddit drama. what is done is done.

Finally some action, about time! Ericsson and that Iron guy need to find the door as well.

Hats off to you, @daveb

This place is better without douches like him.
What do you think I have done to warrant a ban? Have we not shared opinion on a few topics?

You did nothing, my man! You’re good! Have a nice day!
I spend most of my knife time on Discord or modding some Swedish Facebook knife stuff. I’ve always found the forum style difficult to follow along. Much prefer the thread style conversations of Reddit or Disqus. As a result, I mainly get into conversations here when it’s something I find interesting that pops up in “new”. Having modded swap on Reddit and the largest Swedish Facebook BST I found the BST discussion interesting.

Outside of that I’ve tried to build a catalogue of cutting demos and tutorials for unusual sharpening stuff (https://www.youtube.com/@korvid). Have a few posts about knives related to topics where I have some professional knowledge (e.g. packing and white-label knives), which I need to rehost post Reddit.

Personally, I hope more of these types of discussions pop of here on KKF. Having differing opinions is interesting. This time I happened to agree with Marine, and I’d hope that it’s possible to have discussions about ideas without having the discussion shrugged off as if it’s being some kind of white knighting.

I spend most of my knife time on Discord or modding some Swedish Facebook knife stuff. I’ve always found the forum style difficult to follow along. Much prefer the thread style conversations of Reddit or Disqus. As a result, I mainly get into conversations here when it’s something I find interesting that pops up in “new”. Having modded swap on Reddit and the largest Swedish Facebook BST I found the BST discussion interesting.

Outside of that I’ve tried to build a catalogue of cutting demos and tutorials for unusual sharpening stuff (https://www.youtube.com/@korvid). Have a few posts about knives related to topics where I have some professional knowledge (e.g. packing and white-label knives), which I need to rehost post Reddit.

Personally, I hope more of these types of discussions pop of here on KKF. Having differing opinions is interesting. This time I happened to agree with Marine, and I’d hope that it’s possible to have discussions about ideas without having the discussion shrugged off as if it’s being some kind of white knighting.
Having a discussion and an opinion is fine and welcomed. The article was neither of these, it is a blatant misrepresentation of this place and how it works. This includes how BST works, financial interactions, culture and spirit of the forum. If it was just an ignorant and misinformed opinion it would be annoying, but less antagonizing. This was also bad spirited and purposely misleading which the author confessed to. Since you agree with the author and provided material and consultation on the article you can‘t pretend to just want to have a nice discussion about an interesting subject. You have done nothing to be banned as you didn’t break forum rules and you are free to have opinions regardless of how misinformed and antagonizing, just don’t be surprised if some are not happy with them. Claiming ignorance and saying you just want to discuss things is all nice, but doesn’t pass the basic smell test here.

Back