KKF counts to a million

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No pressure Matt...

Also, due to unspecifiable technical difficulties in the human resources department, the lead time on cleavers destined for Pennsylvania has just increased, with delivery expected sometime in April 2068...

"I was just telling my friend how good your gluten free sourdough is!"

"Ma'am, I'm sorry, but not only is the sourdough not gluten free"

"That can't be right, would you ask the chef? I have a sever gluten intolerance but eat here all the time."

"You're actually talking to just the right person! I actually built our bread program from the ground up and not only can I assure you that the bread has gluten in it, we actually source and blend flours that have an extremely high gluten content for this bread."

Last edited:

STOP!

I love my scratched rustic boys but I got that gorgeous Sicard coming and am freaked out about not trashing it and honoring the work. 😁

Here Matt, I'd like to pay you for that lovely blade and a bunch on anxiety.

:p

"Buy any mirror polished blade and get a free Xanax"

Huh look at that, who'd have thought knifemaking could be such a clean cut segue into pharmaceuticals...

Last edited:

Don’t bother trying to explain to Texans why you moved to New England. They just don’t get it.

I have a hard time explaining to people in Indiana why I moved here from Florida. I guess when you've only been there once on vacation, that doesn't translate to what a cesspool it is all year round.

First foray into the shallot kingdom. Initial thoughts on tasting them raw. They taste just like a sweet onion, so unless some magical quality comes out from cooking it’s gonna be tough to justify the 3-4x price increase

Thinking more on the tasting. Not even sweet onions, just the standard yellows, that have been cut on a board possessed by the ghost of garlic minces past. I think rubbing a yellow onion with a half clove of garlic would get you to the same place. I have high hopes for them fried though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

First foray into the shallot kingdom. Initial thoughts on tasting them raw. They taste just like a sweet onion, so unless some magical quality comes out from cooking it’s gonna be tough to justify the 3-4x price increase

Is that a Bidinger?

Good eye! A2 number by him. Light knives normally aren’t my taste, but this one is beautiful, and a natural born on-yon slayer.

Yeah its a really nice one he does. Reminds me of the Markin banding in his knives. I'm almost more interest in his WH convex grind with taper than his complex stuff. I know it hard to keep the weight up digging out a B-grind.

Yeah its a really nice one he does. Reminds me of the Markin banding in his knives. I'm almost more interest in his WH convex grind with taper than his complex stuff. I know it hard to keep the weight up digging out a B-grind.

Yeah I imagine with a good coffee etch markins steel would actually look strikingly similar! This one is just a lightweight convex, no fancy grinds here.

Yeah I imagine with a good coffee etch markins steel would actually look strikingly similar! This one is just a lightweight convex, no fancy grinds here.

While on the subject, I'd love to see your chunky Markin

I have a hard time explaining to people in Indiana why I moved here from Florida. I guess when you've only been there once on vacation, that doesn't translate to what a cesspool it is all year round.
I have the opposite problem, trying to explain to my mid-atlantic family why I want to keep living in florida despite everything that's going on this year

Back