Quantcast

Knife boxes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
I know I should be keeping knife boxes for resale value, but honestly I just don't care to. But, some of these boxes are very elaborate, and I actually feel a little guilty. Am I the only one tossing these things in the trash?

EdipisReks

Reaction score
i keep mine on the top shelf of my pantry. i just like having them.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Founding Member
Reaction score
I keep them too. I love having them around. As obsessed as this might sound, my travel gyuto is sitting in its box, on my dresser, just waiting to be used tomorrow.

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
I believe I have all of mine. I think I might even have boxes that belong to knives I've gifted... :O

AFKitchenknivesguy

Been at this...not long enough
Reaction score
I keep mine, but I have the storage room for them. If I lived in a small apartment in the city, I would probably trash them too. Well, except for a Rader box, those are sweet.

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
I keep them just in case I end up selling them later on down the road.

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
Had em, but alas, there is a toddler path of destruction. Basically, I have accepted that there was a metaphysical housefire when my kids were born, and all my stuff is just awaiting it's doom. I'll replace it all in 20 years, lol.

JohnnyChance

Founding Member
Reaction score
I still have some, I use em when I ship knives to people to borrow or whatever. Most I throw out. I don't sell many knives, and wouldn't care if a knife I bought came with the box or not.

DwarvenChef

Reaction score
I keep them as I move every 3-5 years these boxes help keep my knives safe in transite... plus I'm a pack-rat...

mattrud

Reaction score
I still have all of mine plus extras from knives I have sold or gifted.

ecchef

Staff member
Founding Member
Global Moderators
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right in the trash. Used to keep 'em until my wife suggested I either toss them use them as suppositories. :O

I may still have a few squirreled away.

GlassEye

Reaction score
I keep all of mine, and the boxes most larger ticket items I purchase come in. If I ever want to sell, it is nice to be able to include the original box and paperwork.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
I have lost track of which box belongs to which knife. Still have a whole bunch in a closet somewhere, but I have a decluttering-weekend coming up, so they may get tossed put soon.

Stefan

stevenStefano

Reaction score
I keep all mine. I keep all my less valuable knives in my Global roll and take 2 gyutos to work every day in their boxes, but I drive so it's no hassle

Gator

Founding Member
Reaction score
I keep mine, handy when shipping things back and forth. Keeping track of what's what is more complicated. At some point I've started taking pix of box+ knife for the reviews and that helps to ID some of them, but others...

jwpark

Reaction score
I have all mine, but I dread the day when I move and have to figure out which knife came with which box

Zwiefel

Reaction score
I generally keep all of my boxes...for everything. I have 2 closets I keep them in, floor to ceiling. I purge them every couple of years to get rid of things with no resale value (and out of warranty), things I have gotten rid of, etc.

I'm lucky to have the space to waste though.

Pabloz

Reaction score
The Takeshi Saji 27cm VG-10 gyuto w/ stag handle that I bought from Josh is the first kitchen knife with a box that I have and I'm kepping it that way.

PZ

Johnny.B.Good

Reaction score
I've kept all of my boxes, and before things get any more out of hand (!), I plan to note on the inside of each one what knife it belongs to.

hambone.johnson

Reaction score
have every one ive ever owned. more functional than anything. some knives for some kitchens, some knives for others. if a knife is sitting on the bench, it gets sharpened, cleaned, waxed and put back in the box with a rubber band on it. should its services be required again.... out it comes.

cclin

Reaction score
hi: if you guys have the elaborate wood knife box(210mm & 240mm, 270mm) doesn't want keep, please let me know!! I would love to have it!! I would pay for shipping.:doublethumbsup:

Zwiefel

Reaction score
I've kept all of my boxes, and before things get any more out of hand (!), I plan to note on the inside of each one what knife it belongs to.
That's a great idea...time to find a sharpie...

Lucretia

Reaction score
I haven't thrown any away yet, but I've been using the back of a couple of them as a strop. They don't feel terribly different from balsa wood, and they seem to work pretty well.

Tristan

Reaction score
I keep them all, and have been bugging michael to make one for me if I get his knives.

Keith Sinclair

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saved all my boxes knives & stones.I given away knives to relatives & friends,it's nice to wrap it in the box that they came in.

Latest posts