Knife buying - Security/PayPal

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry, I wanted to write that as soon as possible as I despise scammers. Anyway, that is a complete scam since I have that exact knife right now. I just started reading through this thread and when I was looking at the photo you posted, thought that there should be some reflection/gleam on the paper based on the light's reflection off the table. And then I thought that it looks very similar to the knife I bought not too long ago. So I went to my messages, then to the original post and it's the same exact picture. I really hate scammers and I hope you've saved your money

Attachments

• IMG_2921.png
    IMG_2921.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Holy Moly, that photoshop... Dang
Didn't fool me. Right edge where it meets the box was not convincing. They are too easy nowadays. There are likely templates on the Dark Web for creating such images.

Make sure @daveb knows it's a scammer so they can be blocked

Holy Moly, that photoshop... Dang
Yep, and this is why the note with the date unfortunately doesn’t work as proof of authenticity. Seemed like a good idea, but proved not to be the solution we were hoping for.

It is definitely not perfect, but good enough to full many. Of course now many will say how it was obvious to them😂

zelle + due diligence or run away

just say no to PP (especially G&S) ;p

perfect
i would suggest a MO instead though

I guess it's a good time for a reminder about BST.

KKF and it's moderators don't in any way vet sellers or buyers on KKF. It is very much a case of buyer (and seller) beware.

Don't make the transaction if you are in doubt (or at least, can't afford to take the risk).

FWIW, all of my own BST transactions have been with established members with solid reputations both in BST and as forum contributors.

Things that would be a red flag for me would be (personal opinion) :
1) New members. Especially if they PM me, just happening to have the knife in my WTB thread.
2) Members without any meaningful forum contributions.
3) Requests for F&F and probably other payment methods without recourse if things go wrong.

Great! Another Triumph for gut feeling Mk1 ! Well done OP.

Just wondering, would a google Lens search not help or is the addition of a photoshopped 'notice' preventing that from working properly?

Back